How to stop seeing a number repeated.

seaneh

Sun 26 May, 2019 06:42 pm
Does anyone know a method of preventing seeing a number reappear? Or how to De"traumatize" the appearance of a number in your life? I'm seeing 42 and I have in all ways, multiple times a day. I've tried "everything", I think to stop seeing this number as it is attached to multiple things. Anyone can relate and have a story of how they permanently were able to prevent a number from reappearing in their lives or atleast to disassociate from it???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ponderer

Sun 26 May, 2019 07:50 pm
@seaneh,
Just realize that it is just coincidence. By coincidence, I wrote that number this morning in reply to Farmerman. It's a CB radio expression that means 10-4, or gotcha, or right, etc. There was a time when I started noticing yellow and brown trucks everywhere. I'd stop at a light and one would pull up beside me. Stop at a gas station, one would park opposite me. I started wondering "Are these some secret government vehicles, or what?" The fact was that at that time they sold a lot of those trucks. The more you are sensitized to something the more you will notice it.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 26 May, 2019 10:08 pm
42 is a gag from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. The greatest computer in the known galaxy was asked for the secret of the universe. After hours of contemplation, it spit out the answer. That answer was '42'.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 26 May, 2019 10:30 pm
No ideas for how to keep this from occurring. Okay, reoccurring.

To me it's enjoyable to experience the reappearance of certain numbers in different places. The number 5 has become a close friend by popping up in all sorts of locations. And a few years ago I had a good time interacting with a full tray of numbers. Okay, it was the top of a tray/table in the hospital. Point being, I've decided to embrace this aspect of life.
0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 27 May, 2019 10:45 am
@seaneh,
Wait till '11.11' and '22.22', '33.33' come about.
That's easily explainable - But 'DEEP'.
0 Replies

denisafrisk

Fri 7 Oct, 2022 11:45 am
@seaneh,
I have the same problem, and no one has been able to help me yet Sad I keep seeing 741 several times a day for several months now. I have also tried everything to stop seeing this number, but nothing works. I would be very grateful if someone could explain to me what this means and how to stop seeing this number.
tsarstepan

Fri 7 Oct, 2022 12:06 pm
@denisafrisk,
I used to see 289 all over the place. 289 being closely associated with my first car, a 1965 Ford Mustang with a 289cc V8 engine.

Of all my anxieties and neuroticisms, this wasn't one of them. Just saw the number in a license plate or a book page, etc... and noted it then shrugged it off.

"[W]hat [does] this mean[?]"
Nothing. Good grief, you're worrying about the most coincidental coincidences to ever coincidence. No disrespect but you might need therapy... not because you're noticing a random repeating number but you just might have bigger picture problems in terms of mental health issues.

Getting help for unresolved anxieties ain't a bad thing. And sometimes getting help and being willing to get help can also be a necessary thing. Don't wait until whatever unresolved issues you might have blows up into something permanently unresolvable.

As an aside? Welcome back since your only other post being 2014. Don't be a stranger.
0 Replies