Who Would Downthumb Something Positively Positive?

Sturgis

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 01:38 pm
@oralloy,
You can still see all your posts, just click on the small indicator like which says it's been put in hiding. I do th this regularly
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 01:41 pm
@Sturgis,
A lot of people won't do that. Using downvotes to hide other people's posts means that a lot of people never see those posts.

And I remember when one conservative used multiple accounts to do this to leftist posters. There was plenty of consternation and quick action when leftists were the ones being mass downvoted:
http://able2know.org/topic/468668-1
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:33 pm
@neptuneblue,
As I have written- "If I wanted to argue, I would have tried harder to stay married."
I was merely answering your criticism.
Would you consider 16 pages of private messages, 3 pictures, and links to stories she has written "somewhat" getting to know her?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 03:14 am
Here is another suggestion that came from another thread.
I think the following suggestion by coluber2001 is an excellent suggestion.

coluber2001 wrote:
Quote:
The net-balance of thumbs up or down system is a mistake in itself, because it doesn't actually show how many people voted thumbs up or thumbs down, it just shows a balance. I'm not interested in a balance. If I go through the trouble of posting art images or gifs, I don't care how many people oppose the post. I just want to know that some people reinforce my post and make it worthwhile to post at all, otherwise, why should I go through the trouble?

That's the way it was done on Abuzz. Each up or down vote was tallied independent of each other.

Being in the majority is irrelevant, but it's nice to know that at least one person in the world supports your position or creation. I think of Mahler the composer, whose music was rejected during his lifetime and still is by many people, perhaps even the majority, but so what. If just one person realizes the greatness of his music then that's sufficient.

https://able2know.org/topic/468668-5
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 07:27 pm

coluber2001 wrote:
Quote:
The net-balance of thumbs up or down system is a mistake in itself, because it doesn't actually show how many people voted thumbs up or thumbs down, it just shows a balance. I'm not interested in a balance. If I go through the trouble of posting art images or gifs, I don't care how many people oppose the post. I just want to know that some people reinforce my post and make it worthwhile to post at all, otherwise, why should I go through the trouble?

That's the way it was done on Abuzz. Each up or down vote was tallied independent of each other.

Being in the majority is irrelevant, but it's nice to know that at least one person in the world supports your position or creation. I think of Mahler the composer, whose music was rejected during his lifetime and still is by many people, perhaps even the majority, but so what. If just one person realizes the greatness of his music then that's sufficient.

I have read a few good ideas and suggestions presented by A2K members on this topic.

I have also read some of the pros and cons to those suggestions and ideas.

Personally, I believe that coluber2001 suggestion is the best idea I've seen presented on this topic.

I am curious to know what other A2K members think of coluber2001 suggestion.

1. Do you concur that this idea is the best idea presented?
2. Or do you feel that this isn't the best idea presented?
3. What is your favorite suggestion?
4. Do you prefer to keep everything the way it is now?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 07:31 pm
@Real Music,
I support coluber's suggestion as better than what we have now.

I would still like thumbs to be public (i.e. the name of each person assigning a thumb being available as per Facebook and most other social networking sites.).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:26:01