Hyperloop tunnel more than right-of-way

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 03:05 pm
This article claims that Elon Musk's Hyperloop tunnel is nothing more than a paved underground tunnel that provides dedicated right-of-way for vehicles driving through it.
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-says-hyperloop-tunnel-is-now-just-a-normal-1835024474

That's not quite accurate, though.

A tunnel's ventilation shafts can be controlled to control the direction and speed of air-flow, especially if there are fans used to power the air-flow.

So, as with the original Hyperloop design, solar power above ground could power fans the pump air in and out of the tunnel at various points to reduce wind-drag and even increase air-pressure behind a vehicle, so that it would be pushed like a sail-boat.

Of course, to get the most out of the air-pressure 'push,' the vehicle would need to conform more closely to the shape of the tunnel; or at least have a sail that does.

Given air-pressure assist from smart-ventilation of the tunnel, vehicles traveling through it could reach very high speeds.

It would be like driving with a hurricane as tail-wind.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 993 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 27 May, 2019 11:07 am
@livinglava,
MUSK is A Distraction - Switch it off.
livinglava

Reply Mon 27 May, 2019 01:57 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

MUSK is A Distraction - Switch it off.

A distraction from what, the other distractions?
mark noble

Reply Mon 27 May, 2019 03:31 pm
@livinglava,
Absolutely!
Switch them all off.

livinglava

Reply Tue 28 May, 2019 05:02 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Absolutely!
Switch them all off.

Your posts contribute nothing to this thread, so can I switch that off without switching off anyone else who actually wants to contribute meaningful thoughts?
mark noble

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 09:32 am
@livinglava,
Yes.
Switch me off too.

Nvm - I'll do it for you.
Bye.
0 Replies