When did Christianity invent hell and god’s imaginary condemnation of man?

livinglava

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:54 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Then your religion is satanic as it says that Adaqm's sin is a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

What is necessary to god's plan must be embraced and that hymn shows that you, if you did not sin, would derail god's plans.

Is that your goal? If not, then embrace sin the way your religion does.

Read Romans 6, and if you're interested, read what comes before it as well.
Quote:
Dead to Sin, Alive to God

6 What shall we say then? mAre we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can nwe who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us owho have been baptized pinto Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were qburied therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as rChrist was raised from the dead by sthe glory of the Father, we too might walk in tnewness of life.

5 For uif we have been united with him in va death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that wour old self1 xwas crucified with him in order that ythe body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For zone who has died ahas been set free2 from sin. 8 Now bif we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that cChrist, being raised from the dead, will never die again; ddeath no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, eonce for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves fdead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
https://biblia.com/books/esv/Ro6.1
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 05:09 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
When and why did Christianity invent the notions and lies surrounding hell and man's condemnation?
Why do the gullible still believe this obvious lie?

Is there any system of divine justice in your belief system? Do you think that Hitler and Stalin are enjoying heaven right now?

I (raised Catholic, currently Agnostic) don't claim to know what if anything awaits us after we die, but I'll sure be disappointed if people who cause a lot of harm and suffering do not have to answer for what they've done.
livinglava

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 05:20 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I (raised Catholic, currently Agnostic) don't claim to know what if anything awaits us after we die, but I'll sure be disappointed if people who cause a lot of harm and suffering do not have to answer for what they've done.

Existence is eternal and ultimately symmetrical, so everyone reaps what they sow.

Christianity recognizes forgiveness through Christ, but that doesn't mean people don't suffer for suffering they've caused. Purgatory really just means that your sins have to be purged before you can fully ascend.

The reason we need forgiveness to ascend is that, without it, sin would just keep pulling us down lower and lower.
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 12:53 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Then your religion is satanic as it says that Adaqm's sin is a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

What is necessary to god's plan must be embraced and that hymn shows that you, if you did not sin, would derail god's plans.

Is that your goal? If not, then embrace sin the way your religion does.

Read Romans 6, and if you're interested, read what comes before it as well.
Quote:

6 What shall we say then? mAre we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can nwe who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us owho have been baptized pinto Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were qburied therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as rChrist was raised from the dead by sthe glory of the Father, we too might walk in tnewness of life.

5 For uif we have been united with him in va death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that wour old self1 xwas crucified with him in order that ythe body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For zone who has died ahas been set free2 from sin. 8 Now bif we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that cChrist, being raised from the dead, will never die again; ddeath no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, eonce for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves fdead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

IOW, you would derail God's plan by ignoring your overall ideology and ignoring the logic Christianity put's to calling Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Only fools do not recognize that we can make the bible say just about anything. You prefer to thump instead of think.
That is not an insult. It is just me pointing out a sheeple characteristic.

I can do it to, like this quote that Jesus speaks.

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
When and why did Christianity invent the notions and lies surrounding hell and man's condemnation?
Why do the gullible still believe this obvious lie?

Is there any system of divine justice in your belief system? Do you think that Hitler and Stalin are enjoying heaven right now?

Gnostic Christianity has tied equality to righteousness and a good and just god would treat us all as equally culpable or not for any evil. That is why we are universalists and posit a heaven but no hell.

Here is our bottom line on hell.
The bottom line on the existence of hell would be the moral implications.
God killing instead of curing is evil.
God curing instead of killing is good.
If gods do the good, then there is no hell.
Such logic trails are how god’s attributes are found in many areas of thought.

Can you look at Hitler and Stalin from a god's POV?

He would know all and have seen all. Right?

For his judgements to be fair, he would have to condemn not only Hitler and Stalin, as well as any sinner, but also all those that helped them become what they became as well as all that facilitated it. Right?

Now note that that would apply to all of us as we all contribute to what all of us become and do.

Do you see the logic or can you refute it?

No one else ever has.

Regards
DL

N

livinglava

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 01:06 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Only fools do not recognize that we can make the bible say just about anything.

Really? What can you make the Bible quote above, Romans 6, say? Can you spin that to mean something different than I understand when I read it?

Here, I'll repost it to make it easier for you:
Quote:

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 01:07 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Quote:
oralloy wrote:

Existence is eternal

A faith based assumption that you cannot prove. IOW a lie.

Quote:
and ultimately symmetrical, so everyone reaps what they sow.

Christianity recognizes forgiveness through Christ,

Moral Christians reject this. Are morals not what your religion has tried and failed to reach you?

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL
livinglava

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 01:15 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

I don't see it as a 'get out of hell free card,' because of purgatory.

Sin has to be purged before/as you can ascend to heaven.

But how can you ascend if there is no salvation through forgiveness for sin?

If sin cannot be forgiven, then there is only further descent.

To ascend, we need forgiveness and salvation. Christ gives people faith in forgiveness, salvation, and redemption in eternal life.

Without that faith, eternal life would be progressive damnation and descent due to the snowballing nature of sin always begetting more sin.
oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 03:53 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Gnostic Christianity has tied equality to righteousness and a good and just god would treat us all as equally culpable or not for any evil. That is why we are universalists and posit a heaven but no hell.

So Hitler and Stalin face no harsh punishment, and I have to bear some of the burden for the crimes that they committed?

I really hope that this is not what is in store for us when we die.

Greatest I am wrote:
Here is our bottom line on hell.
The bottom line on the existence of hell would be the moral implications.
God killing instead of curing is evil.
God curing instead of killing is good.
If gods do the good, then there is no hell.

Some form of redemption after a just punishment would be morally acceptable. But that does not eliminate the need for a just punishment.

What about the victims? How can the victims be cured if the people who harmed them do not face justice?

Greatest I am wrote:
Can you look at Hitler and Stalin from a god's POV?

I don't see how I could look at anything from a god's POV. I'm not a deity.

But I think that a just god should be outraged at their crimes.

Greatest I am wrote:
He would know all and have seen all. Right?

I have no idea.

Greatest I am wrote:
For his judgements to be fair, he would have to condemn not only Hitler and Stalin, as well as any sinner, but also all those that helped them become what they became as well as all that facilitated it. Right?
Now note that that would apply to all of us as we all contribute to what all of us become and do.

Sounds good to me. Anyone who takes part in a horrible atrocity should have to answer for it.

Greatest I am wrote:
Do you see the logic or can you refute it?
No one else ever has.

I like the idea of everyone having to answer for their own actions. I dislike the idea of people not having to answer for horrible atrocities.
livinglava

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Some form of redemption after a just punishment would be morally acceptable. But that does not eliminate the need for a just punishment.

There is no sin that's not it's own punishment when we come to the realization (and experience) that we are all part of the same family of souls. God doesn't empathize with His children; He feels what we feel. So when you ascend to meet Him, you don't empathize with His suffering; you experience it for yourself. How is it not adequate punishment to experience the exact suffering that you have caused while you were separated from God in this world? It's not only 'adequate,' it's the only true punishment possible.
oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:08 pm
@livinglava,
I would find that form of punishment to be acceptable.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 01:52 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I would find that form of punishment to be acceptable.

If god could be hurt by the sin, sure, but he is not the victim. Some human is.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 01:55 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

I don't see it as a 'get out of hell free card,' because of purgatory.

Sin has to be purged before/as you can ascend to heaven.

But how can you ascend if there is no salvation through forgiveness for sin?

If sin cannot be forgiven, then there is only further descent.

To ascend, we need forgiveness and salvation. Christ gives people faith in forgiveness, salvation, and redemption in eternal life.

Without that faith, eternal life would be progressive damnation and descent due to the snowballing nature of sin always begetting more sin.

Purgatory. A money making Catholic lie to help fleece the gullible sheeple who are dumb enough to be literalist fools.

Do you also believe in talking serpents and donkeys?

On Jesus dying for you.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 01:59 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Only fools do not recognize that we can make the bible say just about anything.

Really? What can you make the Bible quote above, Romans 6, say? Can you spin that to mean something different than I understand when I read it?

Here, I'll repost it to make it easier for you:
Quote:

Grace is not controlled by sin. It is controlled by god, who says that he will give the few the grace to believe and refuse it to the vast majority of us who will end in hell.

The appropriate quotes are in this old O.P. of mine. I thus negate your quote.

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL
livinglava

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 03:19 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Well if you're just going to 'negate' the quote from St. Paul I asked you to explain in light of your POV, then that's where your ability to interpret scripture in any which way ends, despite your claim before that it doesn't.
oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 05:25 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

That victim deserves justice.
Jewels Vern

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 06:51 pm
@Greatest I am,
"Part of my Gnostic Christian mandate is to fight evil."

Gnostic and Christian are opposites. Christians have no mandates, and their only advice concerning evil is to resist it. You need to learn the basics of things before you casually claim to be a follower of them.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 09:17 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Well if you're just going to 'negate' the quote from St. Paul I asked you to explain in light of your POV, then that's where your ability to interpret scripture in any which way ends, despite your claim before that it doesn't.

FMPOV, negating garbage beats refuting it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 09:21 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

That victim deserves justice.

Sure, but the victim is the only one who has the right to forgive him or seek revenge. God is redundant and Jesus cannot forgive a sin not directly against him. Unless of course you belive it moral for us to abdicate our responsibility for our sins and immorally use a scapegoat.

If that is your view, then you show how your beliefs have corrupted your moral sense.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 09:23 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

"Part of my Gnostic Christian mandate is to fight evil."

Gnostic and Christian are opposites. Christians have no mandates, and their only advice concerning evil is to resist it. You need to learn the basics of things before you casually claim to be a follower of them.

And you need to recognize that a Gnostic Christian is not a Christian.

We have decent morals while they do not and that is why they were quick to use their inquisitions and murder on us.

You have their ways and are just as pathetic and a disgrace to the human race.

Regards
DL
0 Replies