AS THE NEW PRESIDENT OF A2K...

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:36 am
Hey Kicky, when are we declaring a War On Error?

I can't wait for a bunch of us to invade another forum

and give them a taste of feardom, er, freedom and library, er liberty.

You know any Errorists that we can lubricate, um liberate?

The world is wading for your answer!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:00 am
War on Error, thats good. What should the Operation be called? Enduring Peevedom? Infinite Neatness? Parse and Persist? Pedantic Petulance?
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:21 am
It is time to 'test' the new president. If you figure this out I will consider you a worthy president, if you don't, shame will follow you all the day's of your presidency. Let the testing begin.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1325869#1325869

This is a riddle I devised to spot cleverness of mind. Your people wait.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:37 am
Ahem......Mr K. is very busy at the moment, but has asked me (his Overseas director) to pass on that the vehicle in question should be a Mahayana (which is basically something akin to a vast boat that carries all the beings in the universe across the sea of suffering......apparently).
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:51 am
For answering this riddle....Mr K. would like to choose as his prize, the release of his obligation to wax his scrotum.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:59 am
Already the new president is forgetting his promises to the electorate, it would appear.

How typical is this?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:02 am
Spanky, you remind me of the series "The Prime Minister"
where kicky would be the Prime Minister and you his
right hand (I forgot the fellows name in the series). This
guy was always manipulating and working behind the
scenes on his own agenda, only to find out that in the
end his intrigues doings never succeeded. Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:27 am
Boy, this president gig is a real pain in the ass so far. People asking me to start wars on error, asking me to figure out Buddhist riddles (by the way, thanks ellpus, for taking care of that for me--you are a good man)...I thought I was going to be knee-deep in pleasantly plump, rosy-bottomed interns by now!

Okay, I have decided to start accepting applications for interns...all interested parties should send applications, along with a photo of yourself (nude, if possible), to my address at the A2K post office, P.O. box 445C.

That is all for now.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:48 am
Thanks, nimh! And I agree with you: It would be nice to give Læknir some kind of official position. Kicky, thoughts?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:52 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Spanky, you remind me of the series "The Prime Minister"
where kicky would be the Prime Minister and you his
right hand (I forgot the fellows name in the series). This
guy was always manipulating and working behind the
scenes on his own agenda, only to find out that in the
end his intrigues doings never succeeded. Wink

Which one, CJ ?

This one?

http://k.domaindlx.com/itsmeagain2/a1.jpg

Or this one?

http://k.domaindlx.com/itsmeagain2/a2.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:00 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Spanky, you remind me of the series "The Prime Minister" where kicky would be the Prime Minister and you his right hand (I forgot the fellows name in the series). This guy was always manipulating and working behind the scenes on his own agenda, only to find out that in the end his intrigues doings never succeeded. Wink

I was thinking Sir Humphrey Appleby of Yes, (Prime) Minister myself ...

http://www.yes-minister.com/images/ym35_humphrey3.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:02 am
Thats funny, the Lord already Googled up the exact same picture himself ... hadnt seen that.

Here's the website: The Yes, (Prime) Minister Files. Absolutely brilliant series!
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:13 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Ahem......Mr K. is very busy at the moment, but has asked me (his Overseas director) to pass on that the vehicle in question should be a Mahayana (which is basically something akin to a vast boat that carries all the beings in the universe across the sea of suffering......apparently).

Lord Lepros..Leper...Elvis? You know who! I'm sorry to say, your guess isn't even close. May I suggest you re-read the riddle for a clearer understanding. I would hate to see K LMNOP = Lil' man no pee!

Stress will do that to a person, especially when they have to shave themselves.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:15 am
Yes, it was Appleby - thank you for checking Wink

I used to love this show! Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:22 am
Here is one typical "gobbledegook" answer from Appleby........

The Member of Parliament is Jim Hacker, and he is trying to find out who it was that made a procedural mistake.
The person answering his question is his senior Civil Servant, Sir Humphrey. :-

Sir Humphrey: "The identity of the official whose alleged responsibility for this hypothetical oversight has been the subject of recent discussion, is NOT shrouded in quite such impenetrable obscurity as certain previous disclosures may have led you to assume, but not to put too fine a point on it, the individual in question is, it may surprise you to learn, one whom your present interlocutor is in the habit of identifying by means of the perpendicular pronoun."

Jim Hacker: "I beg your pardon?"

Sir Humphrey: "It was…I."
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:35 am
turtlette wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Lord Lepros..Leper...Elvis? You know who! I'm sorry to say, your guess isn't even close. May I suggest you re-read the riddle for a clearer understanding. I would hate to see K LMNOP = Lil' man no pee!

Stress will do that to a person, especially when they have to shave themselves.

My dear Testudo of the small variety,
Having studied the riddle very carefully, the clue was found to be in the mantra.....going to a Buddhist website that translated this mantra:-

http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/meaning-of-om-mani-padme-hung.htm

The following paragraphS were discovered....."
People who learn about the mantra naturally want to know what it means, and often ask for a translation into English or some other Western language. However, Om Mani Padme Hum can not really be translated into a simple phrase or even a few sentences.

Buddha taught many very different methods for removing the cause of suffering, methods appropriate for the very different types and conditions and aptitudes of suffering beings. For those who had the capacity to understand it, he taught the most powerful method of all, a method based on the practice of compassion. It is known as the MAYAHANA, or GREAT VEHICLE, because practicing it benefits all beings, without partiality. It is likened to a vast boat that carries all the beings in the universe across the sea of suffering."

It is obviously the correct answer to the riddle and, as the President has confirmed it himself, nobody can now declare it incorrect ( if they do, they will meet Big Lou).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:31 pm
I am announcing a couple of new appointments now.

As you know, Smog is the new Vice President, and is doing a fine job (whatever that might be...who knows? Not me, that's for sure)...Farmerman has already begun his duties as the new Secretary of State, and he's been doing a fine job (when he's not been nipping from his botle of corn liquor, that is), but I'd like to add a few people at this time, and they are...

For White house Chief of Staff, I'd like to appoint Nimh. He will bring the organizational skills to excel in this position, along with a sense of fair play that is unmatched, except maybe by my next appointee...

...for Attorney General, I'd like to nominate Lord Ellpus. This guy knows how to dispense justice, period. Go to it, sir.

And one more appointee I'd like to nominate is for the position of Secretary of the Treasury...and that appointee is...Sozobe! With her at the helm, our futures our assured.

For now, that is all. I will have more announcements soon, including one that is sure to be a whopper of a surprise.

Carry on, new appointees, for you are now humble servants for the greater good of A2K.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:57 am
He says he is gonna annouce a "couple" of appointments, and then he announces three..

sheesh

Our president can't count..
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:02 am
That's why he hired me. I can count all the way to infinity!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:20 am
smog wrote:
Thanks, nimh! And I agree with you: It would be nice to give Læknir some kind of official position. Kicky, thoughts?

Er, I don't think that would be such a good idea! Læknir is incorruptible - a scrat of principles! Thank the goddess!Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 05:12:19