The Effects of Evolution's Racist Roots on Students

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:14 am
http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/article_8111.shtml

By Sharon Hughes
The Center for Changing Worldviews

Quote:

Should an effort be made to explain that evolution is just a theory when teaching it in public school? Should teachers explain the racist philosophical views of Darwin and his advocates? How about telling them that the full title of Darwin's book, On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, includes The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life?

Could it just be possible that teaching evolution as fact, that students come from animals and without purpose, be responsible in any way for the increase of crime and other social problems, such as rape, that we're seeing amongst our youth today?

Could teaching the 'theory' of creation, that each person is created uniquely with and for a purpose, at least with equal time in the classroom, engender a sense of dignity, justice and a greater value for human life in them?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that teaching young people that everything about them, including their emotions, aspirations and sense of worth are simply the behavior of nerve cells, would have less than a favorable impact on them.

For instance, as pointed out by Gary DeMar in his editorial, "The Dark Side of Evolution," two evolutionists, writing in the Academy of Science magazine, The Sciences, stated, "Rape is a 'natural, biological' phenomenon, springing from men's evolutionary urge to reproduce." Couple this with the over-the-edge sex-ed now being taught in schools, should we be surprised when we hear that middle school kids are having sex, even in the classroom?

By teaching students Darwin's theory of evolution on race, that race is nothing more than a part of the evolutionary process, with blacks at the bottom and whites at the top, could it be possible to encourage, even incite, some to white supremacy actions or 'hate crimes' that are on the rise by young people today?

For instance, T. H. Huxley, a 'disciple' of Darwin, wrote, "It may be quite true that some negroes are better than some white men, but no rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the average white man....The highest places in the hierarchy of civilization will assuredly not be within the reach of our dusky cousins...."

It doesn't stop with Darwin. Hitler accepted, and thus promoted, Darwin's theory of stronger and weaker races. Sir Arthur Keith wrote: "The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution."

Lenin used evolution to brainwash the Soviet Union into a 'scientific atheism.' Mao, responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people, had two favorite books, one by Darwin and the other by Huxley. And Nietzsche, who declared to the world 'God is dead,' believed in the breeding of a master race.

On the one hand students are taught diversity in schools, on the other, evolution. It's time to stop messing with our kid's minds!

And it's time to tell them like it is.

If you're not outraged about this, you're not paying attention.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,895 • Replies: 37
No top replies

raprap

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:26 am
God Hates America

Does Evolution the hatred of Fred Phelps?

Rap
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:56 am
Keep whipping that dead horse Gunga. Sooner or later it has to get up and make it across the finish line.

God can raise the dead you know, so don't put down that whip. Just keep whipping and whipping and whipping and that horse is sure to get up.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:42 am
Gunga; I don't believe in evolution either. But don't blame the evolutionists for the world's ills. Power hungry clergy have an ocean of spilled blood to account for.

Let's face it: God's ways are not man's ways. If God exists (and I'm confidant he does) then we can not presuppose his standards of causality.

We can't hope to argue with the evolutionists according to their axioms. We must show why our premises will lead to a more intellectually satisfying conclusion.

It ain't gonna be easy. But I think it can be done. I put up as big a fight as anybody.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:17 pm
neologist wrote:
Gunga; I don't believe in evolution either. But don't blame the evolutionists for the world's ills. Power hungry clergy have an ocean of spilled blood to account for.

Between the end of the Napoleanic wars and 1913, something like a hundred years had gone by without a major war in Europe. And then, in a space of fifty or sixty years, you get a couple of hundred million people killed in worldwide wars and various purges and pogroms caused by nationalism, out-of-control arms races, and ideologies (communism and naziism) all of which are ultimately derived from this idea of "survival of the fittest" being the only moral law in nature, and of viewing your fellow man as a meat byproduct of random processes instead of as a fellow child of God.

Christianity and its priests never caused bloodshed and grief on that sort of a scale.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:28 pm
gungasnake wrote:
neologist wrote:

Between the end of the Napoleanic wars and 1913, something like a hundred years had gone by without a major war in Europe. And then, in a space of fifty or sixty years, you get a couple of hundred million people killed in worldwide wars and various purges and pogroms caused by nationalism, out-of-control arms races, and ideologies (communism and naziism) all of which are ultimately derived from this idea of "survival of the fittest" being the only moral law in nature, and of viewing your fellow man as a meat byproduct of random processes instead of as a fellow child of God.

Christianity and its priests never caused bloodshed and grief on that sort of a scale.

Who do you think blessed the battleships and cannons?
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:02 pm
I wholeheartedly agree---I mean immediately after Darwin Published "On the Origin of Species" a long and bloody Civil War broke out in the United States....Damn that Evilution anyway.

Rap
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:26 pm
"post hoc, ergo propter hoc", on which we may always rely
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:55 pm
Smile when you say that, mister.

Rap
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:00 pm
The validity of a scientific theory depends only on the single question of whether it is the truth, and that is determined only by scientific method. The fact that you advocate legislating science based on everything except its inherent validity says it all.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:12 pm
Causality has never been gunga's strong suit...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:16 pm
raprap wrote:
Smile when you say that, mister.

How's this?http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cap.gif
I'm reminded of a few choice quotes about the clergy:
Spinoza wrote:
For these men know that once ignorance is put aside, that wonderment would be taken away which is the only means by which their authority is preserved.

Diderot wrote:
Only in convents can humanity sink so low. (AND) Mankind will never be truly free until the last king has been strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Voltaire wrote:
The first divine was the first rogue who met the first fool. (AND) Our priests are not what simple folk suppose, their learning is our credulity.

Daniel DeFoe wrote:
By this I observed that there is a priestcraft even amongst the most blinded, ignorant pagans of the world, and the policy of making a secret religion, in order to preserve the veneration of the people in the clergy, is not only to be found in the Roman, but perhaps among all religions in the world, even among the most brutish and barbarous savages.

Milton wrote:
All in general is fat about them, even their intellects not excepted.

Ambrose Bierce wrote:
Clergyman: A man who undertakes the management of our spiritual affairs as a method of bettering his temporal ones.

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
What would we say if we read in holy writ of our Lord having blessed the battering-rams and catapults of the legions?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:28 pm
raprap wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree---I mean immediately after Darwin Published "On the Origin of Species" a long and bloody Civil War broke out in the United States....Damn that Evilution anyway.

Rap

As a matter of fact, one of the most immediate consequences was the Russo-Turkish war (you know, "charge of the Light Brigade" and all that?), at which time, the Russians made monkeys out of the English.

C'est juste, ça, n'est-ce pas? (The French were there, too.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:33 pm
Looks like Im gonna have to quote from Mein Kampf again to try to get through gungas density that Hitler was a Young Earth Creationist.

We just went over this a month ago. I think gunga is on a constant play loop.

You dont "believe" in evolution, you conclude it as based upon evidence. You believe in a mythical Creator, who leaves no evidence and who,our priests say, demands our complete allegiance. YAWN Question
If a God gave gunga a brain, how comes he fails to use it?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:34 pm
Well, you know the old saying about leading a horse to water...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:37 pm
Or, as Dorothy Parker had it:

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Seems so apposite here, don't it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:16 pm
PS Ms Hughes is once again showing ignorance of the topic. Darwins "Origins..." had absolutely nothing to do with humans. He later wrote a compromise book on "The Descent of Man ("left out in the title of that book was the code line that he used for evolution, which was descent with modification. If he didnt chicken out he would have added it)What mention Darwin made of man, was as a species and he made a reference that Dr Spencer will, no doubt shine better light upon the aspect of the descent of the anthropoids and man, since man and the higher apes are closer akin than the higher apes are with those of the lower orders

In "The Origin"..., the word "Races"

"was used as representative of phenotypic expression that most organisms display. She, and you for just cutting and pasting, are complete idiots.For those of us who dont have our own well worn copy of "THE ORIGIN", I have, pro bono, gone and found a link to the entire book , as well as his other later works and his 6th edition which, have some subtle changes (Ive been told by a Darwin scholar friend of mine-I jus take his word, guys like setanta may get some historical contextual crap out of the way Darwin was bouyed up somewhat in the second ed, perhaps due to Huxleys help, I dont know). ANYWAY, without further adoo here is the complete , unabridged version of Charles Darwins
ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION,orTHE PRESERVATION OF FAVOURABLE RACES IN THE STRUGGLE FOR LIFETHEWHOLE DAMN BOOK
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:21 am
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:24 am
Oooo, good one--that was a French officer (don't have the reference, so i can't name him) at the first battle of Balaclava, witnessing the "charge of the light brigade."
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:41 am
neologist wrote:
Diderot wrote:
Only in convents can humanity sink so low. (AND) Mankind will never be truly free until the last king has been strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Wow, these guys didn't mince words did they. Smile

As much as we are annonyed by the indiscretions of some of the clergy today, just imagine how much worse it must have been hundreds or thousands of years ago.
0 Replies