Why do we invite terrorists into our homeland?

Vechi

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:12 am
A new scandal has risen around Chechen refugees. According to Meka Khangoshvili, the representative of NGO Chechen House, Chechen refugees in Georgia ask international organizations for human rights for moving them from Georgia to some third country. Instead, female Georgians move to Switzerland, Poland or Canada under the guise of Chechen refugees, it was reported later. When there, they get sexploited (I live in Switzerland and saw them with my own eyes standing in the streets). But that's half the trouble. One of these girls may easily turn into a suicide bomber at command of her masters back in Georgia! Once in Europe, these Georgian girls may well commit a terrorist act equal to one on Madrid railroad in March 2004 with two hundred killed...

Does not anybody care??....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 569 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:15 am
Welcome to A2K Vechi!

You are right, every foreigner might be a potential suicide bomber, especially the females.

Ehem, do you think only female Muslim terrorists leave their country or some with Georgian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and Armenian Apostolic believe as well (the latter mentioned make about 90% of the Georgian population).
0 Replies

fribbley

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:36 am
Don't worry Vechi, as the whole world knows, it is only Americans that are the true terrorists. European citizens would do well to watch their visitors from America more closely.
It's racist, xenophobic, and intolerant to be concerned with people from areas where there is a high incidence of support for radical Islam and jihad. Blowing up commuter trains is a lifestyle choice and an expression of a non-Western culture that enlightened people should be celebrating. For shame. <sarcasm/off>
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:26 am
No need for Paranoia, there is a simple solution.

Just invite refugees (not terrorists) and make sure that they have enough rights and support to lead productive lives in their new country.

Refugees who have rights and support can't be exploited sexually by Swiss perverts or controlled by anyone from their home country.

I do care about refugees.

Seeing as how Switzerland not only refused to help Jewish refugees during the Holocaust... but had a banking industry that profited from this repression... it seems like Switzerland has a special responsibilty to help refugees fleeing oppression...

...even if it takes a little more courage than the Swiss are accustomed to.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:50 pm
7/28/2004: US Gives Citizenship to 7000 Russian Muslims

The United States is going to welcome 7,000 Muslims from Russia to Pennsylvania, giving them free housing and life-long pensions: US Offers Citizenship To 7000 Ahiska Muslims.

KRASNODAR, Russia, July 24, (IslamOnline.net) - The United States has agreed to grant citizenship to 7,000 Ahiska Muslims who will be settled in Pennsylvania, reported a Russian newspaper on Friday, July 23.

The first 11-strong batch of the Ahiska Muslims, living in the Russian province of Krasnodar, left for Geneva on Thursday, July 22, before flying to Philadelphia, reported Novie Izvestia. It added that the Muslims would be housed near the grand mosque in Philadelphia. ...

An official in Krasnodar administration had told Interfax on Tuesday, July 20, that of the 11,999 Ahiska Muslims living in the region, 4,943 have received Russian citizenship and 744 have embarked on Russian naturalization procedures. He added that more than 5,000 others have expressed a desire to emigrate to the United States.

Earlier, Chingiz Neiman-zade, chairman of Vatan, a Meskheti Turks association based in Georgia, said the United States had offered to accept the Ahiska Muslims living in Krasnodar as immigrants. "On February 16, the International Migration Organization began an information program in Krasnodar to explain the terms for the resettlement of the Ahiska Muslims in the U.S.," he told Chicago Tribune on Thursday, July 22.

"The immigrants will be provided with housing and furniture, they will be helped to learn the English language and to complete formalities needed for residence in the US, which is especially important, and have been promised life-long welfare allowances for pensioners and the disabled."

Via Dhimmi Watch, where Robert Spencer asks:

What pains were taken to make sure that these people do not hold to radical Islamic views? What is the extent of Wahhabi and/or Deobandi and/or Shi'te Iranian presence in Krasnodar? What efforts have been made to make sure that none of these 7,000 have any attachment to Sharia or violent jihad?

I feel reasonably sure that no one in our government will ask these questions. It just wouldn't be sensitive.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:53 pm
Provided with housing and furniture? Sounds good. Where's mine?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 04:37 am
I hope this story is true.

I spent some time searching for any other reference to the story about Ahiskas, or any Muslims immigrating from Russia... I couldn't find any.

Does anyone have another credible link?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:49 am
Check the links' credibility but there's a lot of them on the internet :

7000 refugees
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 06:42 am
The link refers to the same source (IslamOnline.net). It seems like all of these links are getting their information from just one source which to me holds no credibility.

One would think that a true story, especially one like this that would interest many people, should have better corraboration.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:15 am
Not sensible corroboration - only news published in July last year in a russian newspaper "Novie Izvestia".
0 Replies