Wed 24 Apr, 2019 07:22 pm
I recently had a mold testing kit and did the air quality test in our home because during February-March it was very rainy and we could smell an incredibly strong odor that was just awful, we learned it could be mold. But there were no visible signs of mold inside the house, and it was only when it was cold and rainy. The only visible mold was on the actual roof and in our garage. The odor caused us sickness in the form of headaches, sinus issues, stomach aches...and our property management’s response was to fix the roof. But it did not fix the problem inside the house. We’ve spent 2 months insisting that there needed to be a professional mold inspector sent out to search our attic and they didn’t want to do it. We got our report back and the mold we had was Aureobasidium (which I believe is a common household mold), Mucor and Botrytis.
I'm a little confused about this Mucor and Botrytis. There were no fruit, let a lone moldy fruit out while doing this test. We have no plants, dead or alive in the house. But these molds were found inside? The report also included that all three molds can cause allergy symptoms. Which is definitely what was effecting us. But where could the mold spores have come from? And do any of these molds send off an awful odor?
Moisture is the major trigger of mold formation. The mold infested area might be damp. You must work on decreasing moisture level on the house. Install dehumidifier in the attic and other areas where you find mold. As far as mold removal is concerned, you can use professional grade mold cleansers or schedule a handyman for the same.
I agree with you! Moisture causes mold infestation. Work on removing moisture. Dry the surface using dehumidifier and then remove mold using cleansers.