Suicide = Murder?

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 11:29 pm
Criteria: Your body & mind are healthy--you are not dying of a terminal illness, etc.

Is suicide murder?

It has always seemed to me like suicide is murder.

I realize some may strongly disagree with this idea. Interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I mean, you are still killing a human being.

Yes, the human you are killing happens to be yourself.

But somehow I do not feel just because it happens to be me, I have a right to kill that body.

Yes, there are times that life doesn't seem worth living that much. (but honestly not that often for me, anymore)

But just because we don't see any reason to live, does that give us the right to kill a human (ourselves)?

I don't know, I know the argument of "well its my life and my body and I'll kill myself if I by gawd feel like it." I got that.

But somehow, it just feels wrong. Like you have been given this time, this opportunity in this body. And you will kill this body when you feel like it?

Isn't that murder?

(*and no, the above has nothing to do with Bible or Christianity, anyone that "knows" me knows thats not a factor...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,160 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Discreet

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 12:52 am
Suicide would help overpopulation on the planet since people are living longer now...And it would eliminate the unmotivated ppl in the world. So just because society deems suicide as being morally wrong should we not allow it. Isn't that taking away a mans right to choose and his personal freedoms. I guess if a man really wants to kill himself he can and if he fails well i guess we ll just give him the death penalty to make it socially acceptable
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:00 am
Discreet wrote:
I guess if a man really wants to kill himself he can and if he fails well i guess we ll just give him the death penalty to make it socially acceptable

D, you always crack me up!

That would be pretty hilarious.

Hmmm...whats the penalty for suicide attempt? Death Penalty! LOL!

Doesn't seem right, though, cause then the crimminal would be getting what s/he wanted.
Maybe they should get life in prison or something.

Keep them in a straight jacket so they couldn't try suicide again. And keep the very best medical care around so they'd be sure to live a very long long time.

That would teach them! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:00 am
nope
I don't think suicide is murder, though the facts you present would be enough to sway most people. Suicide is really just an extremely selfish act, because whilst your problems are over, other people suffer as a result e.g. your family is poor so how do they cover funeral costs, or your girlfriend is 8 months pregnant, or you jump in front of a bus and the driver and passengers are scarred for life (think of the school kids on the bus), or you gas yourself in your car and now your family have to scrape together enough cash for a new one, or you hang yourself and your family come home to find mommy or daddy suspended above the stairs, or you electrocute yourself and start a house fire which consumes everything you and your family own (far-fetched but its still possible).

Here's a question: if you commit suicide, and your spouse / partner becomes chronically depressed as a result, to the point where they too commit suicide, have you committed murder?
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:04 am
extra medium wrote:
Keep them in a straight jacket so they couldn't try suicide again

Then they guy would learn to use his feet and 'slip' when he was shaving in the morning.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:05 am
I think suicide is like dwarnism in that the strong survive. So by allowing it in theory we ll filter out the weaklings and have a better more motivated society. But then again lol this thought just made me laugh. If you let people kill themselves that will affect other people that know the person that kill themselves. So it could be possible that if suicide was accepted people would kill themselves then family members of the victims would kill themselves because they want to be with them or because they have become depressed. So we d all kill ourselves in the end.

P.S. whenever i thought about suicide i always found it weird that at any moment of my life i could kill myself. Its such a power being able to tell yourself when you will die. We re all so afraid of death that we want to know when we are going to die. So why not just promise ourselves now that at the age of 87 we ll go skydiving without a parachute.That way when i hit the ground at 200mph ill be half way to hell Twisted Evil
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:06 am
Good points M18.

Well one thing I always thought is: if one is going to commit suicide, at least make it look like an accident!

(for example, I'd swim out into a lake or ocean or something, then it would look like an accidental drowning, or something like that.

Then, at least your selfish act wouldn't scar others so bad (though it would still cause pain).

Hmmm...to answer your other question: If your suicide drove someone esle to suicide, I don't think that you murdered them, but it does seem that you contributed to their death. So, perhaps you could be tried as an accessory to murder. Then you'd have to be brought back to life so you could be properly punished.
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:08 am
or
or you could be condemned to the fires of hell and have pineapples and milk cartons shoved up your ass every half-hour
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:10 am
hmmm...pineapples sound kinda bad, but milk cartons?

I'd almost welcome some milk cartons in hell. ???
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:11 am
huh
milk cartoins are boxy and pointy, that would hurt if it went sideways.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:13 am
oh, okay.

Dam, your hell doesn't sound that bad.

Is that the worst torture there would be?

Sounds like hell lite.

Not That There Is Anything Wrong With That!
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:15 am
ok
lets get back on topic. Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes :wink: Exclamation Question Idea Arrow

(the smileys will ensure your co-operation)

I don't know if you've heard the song 'stan' by Eminem, but he drives his car over a bridge with his pregnant girlfriend in the trunk, and that's murder suicide. But if his girl wanted to die, would this be euthanasia?
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:16 am
hell
thats not the worst punishment, but it still not gonna be fun
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:19 am
Re: ok
makz 18 wrote:
I don't know if you've heard the song 'stan' by Eminem, but he drives his car over a bridge with his pregnant girlfriend in the trunk, and that's murder suicide. But if his girl wanted to die, would this be euthanasia?

Seems like that would be euthanasia-suicide.

But the girlfriend would need to be terminally ill, I think. If she just wanted to die (but was healthy) I don't think that would qualify as euthanasia.

I guess if they were both terminally ill and he drove the car off the bridge, that would be double-euthanasia.

Then again, some say Life is a Terminal Disease.

So, perhaps its double-euthanasia in any case. They've both got this Terminal Illness called Life. Born to Die.
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:22 am
Here's another question:

If you bully someone and harass them to the point where they kill themselves are you guilty of murder, or are you an accessory who deserves the pineapple and milk-carton treatment?
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:24 am
and another question:

If a girl is pregnant with a child who will be born with a severe disability, e.g. agent-orange induced mutations, and she is refused an abortion, if she kills herself, is she murdering or euthanasing her child?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:25 am
makz 18 wrote:
Here's another question:

If you bully someone and harass them to the point where they kill themselves are you guilty of murder, or are you an accessory who deserves the pineapple and milk-carton treatment?

Accessory.

Deserve worse than pineapple & milk carton.

Pineapple & milk carton should be for suicide (which doesn't seem quite as bad).

But causing someone's elses death? Gotta be stronger medicine than pineapple & milk carton.

Heck, there are some posters on here who would enjoy that! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:26 am
Yeah, but they are probably satanists whod ance naked around fires, so we send them to heaven (bad for them) and make them with a bunch of iehova's witness door knockers. :wink:
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:28 am
makz 18 wrote:
and another question:

If a girl is pregnant with a child who will be born with a severe disability, e.g. agent-orange induced mutations, and she is refused an abortion, if she kills herself, is she murdering or euthanasing her child?

Thats a tough one.

Are you Discreet?

What do you think, Discreet?

Well, first we'd have to decide a simpler case: If a pregnant woman (pregnant with healthy child) kills herself, is she murdering the baby?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:29 am
Makz quit posting back to back just say what you wanna say in one post. Spam man.

Your question about is it smurder if you want to kill yourself and drive a car with your pregnant wife of a bridge? Can be answered with a similar thought

Is it murder if you are speeding in your sports car with your wife and 2 kids when suddenly someone swerves in front of you and you are going to fast to stop so you swerve and hit the median killing everyone in the car. Is that murder. Or even worse if one of your kids had a black friend in the car is that a hate crime?

Or another example you are commanding your plattoon of 20 men and tell them to move in so that reinforcements can land on the beach. Your decision kills all your men. Are you guilty of murder. Im not sure what my opinion is but societies opinion is that even though you are in charge of someones life such as a babies because you are in charge you can choose to kill that baby ie abortion
0 Replies