what is heaven to you?
what is your ideal image of heaven?
does it involve god?
does it involve sex?
does it involve chocolate?
does it involve other people?
does it involve other life forms?

you don't even have to believe in an afterlife to answer the question-

just simply describe what you would want heaven to be like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 885 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:53 pm
How about exactly as God planned it to be
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:58 pm
I think heaven is a feeling it can't be summed up by pyschical items that we consider paradies. It is an overalll feel of happiness one that cannot be gained by eartly possessions. At least i think that would be a good heaven. I think the bible says doing a good deed on earth gives you a reward in heaven. So the more good deeds you do to fellow man and serve other people the happier you will be in heaven. If you don't believe in god its still a nice idea
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:16 pm
Okay, I'll play along.

My heaven:

Modest home, always "magically" clean, neighbors that like to chat in the cul-de-sac. Children playing outside, screaming and giggling with delight and chasing butterflies. Would want my childrens "homes" in my neighborhood, of course, and my mothers and fathers. A dog that likes to cuddle and gets excited to see me even if I've only been in the bathroom two minutes. Chocolate, steak, fresh tomato's! Lots of Stargazer Lillies that I can pick and bring inside. Endless supply of hot water.

Hmmm. That's a start. I'm sure I'll think of more.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:42 pm
...basking in an unbelievable wave of ever increasing and changing energy, just when you think you've experienced all the pleasure and joy you think is possible, it changes yet again and increases a millionfold...and just keeps expanding and changing beyond your wildest imagination....and you can handle it all, because you are heavenly....

Its like you are in the presence of a supernova of pure love energy or something, and it just keeps increasing and exploding onto you, you're basking in it, and it just keeps changing like a kaleidescope of pure light and love and _______(fill in blank with your wildest imaginable pleasure and multiply X 1000, and make it eternal...) --- (dang this sounds too new agey....)

Or take the best longest orgasm you've ever experienced, and multiply that times a million, make it eternal and ever changing...

At the moment that I've experienced eons of the above and more and no longer have a need for any of it, whatever is left of "me" dissolves into the infinite energy, from whence it came
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
My heaven is the end of consciousness after a long fulfilling life. Sounds like I'm not playing along, but I really do want it that way.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
Re: DESIGN YOUR OWN HEAVEN
raheel wrote:
what is heaven to you?

This is purely my utopia, being as I believe in no afterlife/higher power:

what is your ideal image of heaven? A place of understanding, compassion and open-minds. Where morals are not based upon lifestyles but on how people treat one another.
does it involve god? No - but there would be a government. A Democracy, where everyone gets their time to speak, and the adminstration does not use personal opinions but rather the suggestions of the people to make their descions.
does it involve sex? Of course - passionate, wild sex - but commited, non-promiscuous (no stealing boyfriends, no one-night stands).
does it involve chocolate? "Duh," :wink:
does it involve other people? Yes, all diversities of people, who are all different and unique yet are all accepting of eachother.
does it involve other life forms? Yes - nature. As much nature as you could possible make cohabitate with humans. Unity and equality (does not mean vegetarian) with animals and nature.

But that is quite a facade, and would never work in anything remotely real.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 12:44 pm
squinney wrote:
Okay, I'll play along.

My heaven:

Modest home, always "magically" clean, neighbors that like to chat in the cul-de-sac. Children playing outside, screaming and giggling with delight and chasing butterflies. Would want my childrens "homes" in my neighborhood, of course, and my mothers and fathers. A dog that likes to cuddle and gets excited to see me even if I've only been in the bathroom two minutes. Chocolate, steak, fresh tomato's! Lots of Stargazer Lillies that I can pick and bring inside. Endless supply of hot water.

Hmmm. That's a start. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Man - you don't ask for much.

Nice...

TTF
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:09 pm
There are beautiful, natural landscapes, hills, forests, clear creeks, swamps,etc., all filled with wildlife, birds, mammals, snakes, fish, et al.

Near naked young women are lying here and there. Near naked because we must leave something—very little—to the imagination. Also there is an enormous, well lit beer isle piled high with all kinds of beers from around the world.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:50 pm
TTF- Maybe the "magically clean" was asking too much?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:55 pm
To me heaven would be a giant parking lot, blacktop of course, with a single lawn chair and a butterfly net.

What more could a man ask for?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 02:05 pm
Heaven for me would be a beautiful world with waterfalls, oceans, birds, animals (no snakes!), rational people, of course chocolate and a wide variety of food but no associated health problems or obesity. There would be perfect spring days like today with flowers blooming, trees leafing out and gentle breezes rippling through grass which never needs to be cut, warm summer nights with fireflies and occasional thunderstorms, the spectacular colors of crisp autumn mornings, big soft snowflakes drifting gently onto the spruce trees, a big stone fireplace to roast marshmallows and someone to cuddle up with, …

It would be a lot like this world but without diseases, parasites, small-minded people or gods to make life miserable for others.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 02:34 pm
squinney wrote:
TTF- Maybe the "magically clean" was asking too much?

No I was agreeing. I just liked the simplicity of it all.

TF
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:53 pm
A friend of mine in Maine some 30 years ago told me he hoped heaven could be a place where he could spend a millions years growing trees to eventually build a house piece by piece over a long period of time in a fantastic spot with a great feng shui view!
0 Replies

val

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:11 am
Re: DESIGN YOUR OWN HEAVEN
My heaven:

House near the woods, in a tropical island, with beautiful plages, where I will be again with those I loved and died.
The local chief of police would be Mr. Karl Popper.
My neighbors, would be Mr. Plato, Mr. Kant, Mr. Wittgenstein and Mr. Heidegger, and they would have the patience to talk with me, whisky in hand, before dinner.
Good restaurants with good fish and waiters that would not want make me feel their special client.
A concert hall, where tonight, Liszt will play Beethoven's Sonata nº 29 in the presence of the composer! Tomorrow Wagner will direct "Tristan und Isolde" with Lauritz Melchior!

And no TV, no cinema, no newspapers, no politicians, no bankers, no churches, no priests.
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:20 am
my heaven is on a tropical beach, soft white sand and sapphire blue oceans and a perpetual breeze, palm trees and bushes full of fruits and berries. i'd live in a wooden shack and sleep in a hammock right next to it and cook food i'd caught on an open fire that would be lit all night everynight.
i would spend my nights next to the fire playing guitar and everyone could come from their respective heavens and join me whenever they wanted on the bongos or dijeridoo or kazoo haha.
you only ever need wear some cut off jeans or bikini and sarong and there would be hula girls too. i would paint magic pictures for everyone who visited, they would move and creep around on the canvas for people enjoyment and i would grow psychotropic plants that we could all eat round the fire at sunset.
i would spend a few days a month drifting around in the sea on a raft with a makeshift sail like the ones you wished you could make when you were a kid and dig the whales and dolphins and talk to the starfish. then when i got back we could have a big tribal dance round a huge bonfire under the glow of the volcano (it jsut looks rpetty and never erupts!)
everyone would be creative and caring, funny, easy going and have fun all the time, playing games and hiding untill they can jump out and scare someone (because i believe you should be scared at least once a day, just like you should laugh everyday too)
oh yeah and animals can talk and we could shape the clouds into whatever we liked. i can't wait to get there and you are all welcome! Very Happy
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:18 am
Well, here's some psilocybe cubensis for you to enjoy. I hope there are a few cows in your heaven because these psychotropic mushroom need cow dung to grow on.

http://www.kuhj.com/pic/dru/musid2d.jpg
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:32 am
the reason i asked this question was to show that people have very different images of heaven.

for example

tropical islands, nearly naked women, 'magically' clean houses....

so how can heaven just be one place where everyone goes?

would you like to live in someone elses ideal heaven? no!

therefore heaven is either:

i) a state of mind rather than a physical state- something along the lines of what extra medium was trying to get at. we will feel pleasure- which is eternal but more importantly ever changing

ii) a physical state which is shared by all- a 'place' which has all that we could want.

i would like to elaborate on (ii) as it is the veiw that i hold.

if God created us- as in our souls-
then he knows what will be our ideal image of heaven.

i think that what we may think is our ideal image of heaven- is not.

because we are actually thinking what is the ideal image of heaven for our human bodies rather than our souls-

i think the human bodies are different from one other (through DNA) and so we have different ideals-

however our souls are more objective- and in reality we all want the same 'heaven'.
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 03:26 am
interesting idea. as long as i get my raft i don't mind
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:06 am
is that what you really want?

question- people talk about how they would want the ideal home or to live on a tropical island or 'be' with beautiful women- but all of these ideas presuppose that we will have 'human' bodies in the next world. why would any one choose to confine themselves to a human body in heaven? because in our present state we cannot imagine being any thing but human and having senses other than the ones we have (or having enhanced senses) we cannot imagine the reality of heaven.
0 Replies