Church sells land & face-to-face visit with Jesus in heaven

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:13 pm
Dummies meet the con-man - BBB

UTAH CHURCH SUED FOR FRAUD
AP 4/28/05
Salt Lake City

Two women claim they were bilked out of their life savings by an apocalyptic religious group that promised them land and a face-to-face meeting with Jesus Christ.

Kaziah Hancock and Cindy Stewart earlier won their lawsuit against Jim Harmston and The True and Living Church of Jesus Christ of Saints of The Last Days in a district court, but it was thrown out by a judge.

They appealed to the Utah Court of Appeals on Tuesday.

The women' attorney, Don Redd, argued Harmston and the church should not be allowed to create a "religious cocoon" to protect themselves.

Harmston's attorney, Kevin Bond, said the promises were not to be fulfilled by Harmston, but by God.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 677 • Replies: 5
No top replies

profhig

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:03 pm
why do people cotinuosly fall for this? i do not believe in god as a superior being, but respect the beliefs of others. in my view, if the christian god is the all seeing all knowing god that christians beieve in, you do not need a mediator. god loves you and you relationship with him is personal. apologies to those who believe differently. and would god need a lawyer?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:05 pm
You gotta admit it's a pretty good hustle though.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
I predict the Jim Harmstrom will spend eternity being sodomized by Throk the thorn cocked demon who ejaculates molten brass. I've mentioned him before.
0 Replies

profhig

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 04:22 pm
thanks to all those assholes who have no respect for other peoples beliefs. see you in hell?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 04:43 pm
Shocked
0 Replies