Dying dating in youth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:54 pm
Hey this is just an observation i have made in HS and want to see if anyone else relates. It seems that recently no one goes on dates anymore....it has been replaced by weekly parties and "hooking up." I can't think of one couple that spends time going to the movies or dinners and spending quality time with each other. Now it seems the only purpose of a gf or bf at least at a high school level is to get with them. Hooking up is regular and often times people will hook up with different people in the course of a night. I think this is shallow and i think at the end of the night when those kids go home they must feel shallow and empty inside. Maybe im wrong i ve always enjoyed having a girlfriend and turning sex into the superbowl of the relationship. The longer you wait it seems the better it is. You feel you earned it and you don't feel so shallow. Whata guys thinik>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 11
No top replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:22 pm
You are on the right track.

I agree, the other path ends in emptiness.

One of the saddest results I've seen from it is people build up a resistance to the effects of the activity, almost like drug or alcohol tolerance or something.

So when the real thing happens, they are numb to it, so to speak. They aren't able to enjoy it as much.

You are on the right track in this area.

(But I still say slavery sucks!) Smile
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:25 pm
Liberal commy jk
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:27 pm
Discreet wrote:
Liberal commy

hmmm...don't be too sure.

liberals are known for their promiscuity & hooking up, you know... so if I was liberal I'd be promoting the serial "hook up" path

what are you, a conservative commy?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:30 pm
I try to be whatever the other person is not. I enjoy arguments that i agree on but often times i love even more the challenge of arguing against somethign that everyone agrees on. For example i could argue the the mclaren f1 is a car worth owning and im sure people would follow me. But what would be more fun is to argue that a pinto is a better car and try to convince people why. Im not sure if this is good or not though
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:36 pm
Discreet wrote:
I try to be whatever the other person is not. I enjoy arguments that i agree on but often times i love even more the challenge of arguing against somethign that everyone agrees on. For example i could argue the the mclaren f1 is a car worth owning and im sure people would follow me. But what would be more fun is to argue that a pinto is a better car and try to convince people why. Im not sure if this is good or not though

This potentially can be a good thing.

I think you and I have this in common.

Thats funny, we might both be arguing this stuff, and both of us are standing up for the side we don't believe in. And we are debating each other. So we actually are both of our respective opposites! I am pretending I disagree with you, but actually I agree with your point of view. You are doing the same. We are arguing each other's cases. Something like that. That is hilarious.

Good lawyers are supposedly trained so that they can win either side of the same case.

Lets say a guy is on trial for murder. Lawyer can convict him, or get him off. All the facts of the case are exactly the same. Good attorney could win eiher side of the case. Scary.

Perhaps you should look into that profession. It would be right up your alley.

Not that I would know (I better stop now or some here will figure out what I do for a living and every bit of credibility{not much} I had will be gone forever.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:41 pm
ha i think being a good lawyer is all about catchy phrases and a biased jury.

I.E "if the glove does not fit you must aquit"
Johnny Cochran

Funny picture i found:

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr2005/CochranTombstone.htm
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 12:48 pm
Be careful about playing the devils advocate. Remember whose company you are keeping. Wink

Also if you don't know where you are going - all paths lead there. Know your beliefs and argue those - the rest is merely mental masturbation.

TF
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 01:00 pm
Re: Dying dating in youth
Discreet wrote:
Hey this is just an observation i have made in HS and want to see if anyone else relates. It seems that recently no one goes on dates anymore....it has been replaced by weekly parties and "hooking up." I can't think of one couple that spends time going to the movies or dinners and spending quality time with each other. Now it seems the only purpose of a gf or bf at least at a high school level is to get with them. Hooking up is regular and often times people will hook up with different people in the course of a night. I think this is shallow and i think at the end of the night when those kids go home they must feel shallow and empty inside. Maybe im wrong i ve always enjoyed having a girlfriend and turning sex into the superbowl of the relationship. The longer you wait it seems the better it is. You feel you earned it and you don't feel so shallow. Whata guys thinik>

I am confused as to how long you must have "waited" since you are still in HS and it appears you have had sex with more than one gf you took to "the superbowl". Are you somehow superiour because you at least had dinner and a movie before you 'hooked up"? Hooking up occurs, but probably a lot less than you are portraying it. It occurred 30 years ago too but probably not a lot less than it does today. Every generation thinks they are the first one to discover sex. Then they are suprised as hell to find out great grandma used to do it in the back seat of a Model T.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 01:25 pm
Well at my school i know a certain clique or group of kids that hook up with each other every weekend. Its like they re playing musical chairs and keep sitting and hooking up with a new person until theres no one left and the game starts all over again
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 01:26 pm
So what im trying to say is that hooking up in todays society has become routine. Giving someone head is like giving someone a handshake.

IMO
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 09:03 pm
I'm a traditionalist. When I date I hope to do things correctly.

First, after meeting the lady in question I will deal with her as propriety demands by not pressing my advantage upon her. Rather on returning home I shall write a formal letter to her parents requesting permission to court. This is of course after discussion of the dowry.

To those who did not recognise it, the above writing was sarcasm. Traditional "dating" is in fact a relaxation of the very elaborate rules of courting that one used to see in earlier years. As much then as now, I imagine people complained over the change in standards, except that they complained over brandy in smoke-filled rooms rather than the pale blue glow of the A2K forum.
0 Replies