Is Boeing finished?

georgeob1

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 06:37 pm
Airbus A-380s made inaugrial filghts to New York and Los Angeles (no passengers) today, and got generally favorable press reports for the events. Airport operations and terminal compatability tests will follow. No sales yet to U.S. Airlines, and I'm sure that Boeing will do all that it can to keep the competition at bey.

Meanwhile sales of the shorter range A-320 continue at a brisk pace, here and worldwide. If Airbus can solve its inherent problems with government ownership and Europe's inflexible labor laws, they may well have a successful product. Much of course depends on Boeing's current sales strategy for their 777 and upgraded 747, as well as, their success in quickly deploying new models of efficient long range aircraft, able to compete with the A380 on route efficiency (capital cost, operating cost per seat mile and terminal efficiency).
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 12:54 pm
Well, today, Oct 10, 2007 Boeing announced a six month delay in the initial delivery of its new 787 aircraft to its airline customers. This followed earlier indications of delays accompanied by increasingly tenuous Boeing assertions that it would meet the original schedule. In the latest announcement Boeing asserts the six month delay provides ample margins to deal with normal issues arising in early flight tests. We shall see....

While the Airbus delays are greater and may involve more complex issues, the fact remains that Airbus is not alone in encountering schedule problems in the introduction of its new aircraft.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 01:28 pm
i dont think the dreamliner is a dream, but it has still to fly.

cutting it fine if you ask me.

beautiful aircraft though.
0 Replies