Rapture for All?

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 10:04 pm
Christians believe that salvation is achieved by believing in Jesus Christ and following the laws set out in the bible.

People always wonder what they have to do to acheive eternal life in heaven. What is frustrating is that there is no definite explanation of how to get into heaven so you can't find loopholes or a easy way in. But what if salvation was for everyone. There are some quotes in the bible that suggest this theory.

Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.
John 12:31-32

For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ.
1Cor. 15:21-22

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the Sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme.
Mark 3:28

Therefore just as one man's trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man's act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all. Rom. 5:18

For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that he may be merciful to all.
Rom 11:32

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
1 John 2:1-2

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, "Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,573 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:43 am
Oh damn, i misread that . . . i thought it read "Raptors for all." I thought you were handin' out birds of prey for would-be falconers. Nevermind . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:51 am
Discreet- Very lovely words. Do you believe everything that you read? I don't!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:25 am
I once had a rapture. I hadda have an operation . It were a long time healin, this rapture
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:37 am
Sign on a store selling trusses for hernias:

"Your rupture is my rapture"! Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 07:29 am
I had double rapture surgery in 2000.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 07:31 am
on a serious note, none of the scriptures you've quoted suggest salvation and heaven for everyone as I understand them .
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:44 am
All can acheive salvation, but it's not just given away.

In John 12:31-32 Jesus is talking about when he comes again. When he's talking about drawing all people to himself it could be another way of saying that all will then realize that he is the Son of God. I'm not sure but it could also mean that when he comes back all will gather to him, but that doesn't mean they're saved because the judgement hasn't happened yet.

In 1 Cor. 15:21-22 he says that all will be made alive IN CHRIST. It means that everyone who is in Christ will be made alive. My version says: "For as in Adam all die, even so IN CHRIST all will be mad alive." In other words you must be in Christ first.

In Romans 5:18 Christ's actions led to the justification and life for all but it's not free. Countless times in the bible it is told of how to obtain the life for all. He says numorous times to repent and be baptized for the remissin of sins.

In Romans 11:32 he's being merciful by offering us a way to be saved. We just have to follow it.

In 1 John 2:1-2 he is writing to john and the church he's at. I don't remember off the top of my head where, but that's not the point. The point is that he's writing to SAVED people, that's how they have the advocate with the Father.

I hope you understood my explaining of things.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 08:21 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
on a serious note, none of the scriptures you've quoted suggest salvation and heaven for everyone as I understand them .

Correct. To which I might add: WHere does the word 'rapture' appear in the bible? Right before the word 'trinity', I'll bet.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:56 am
If rapture means that all the evangelical Christians will leave and go where ever good evangelicals will. I am all for it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:19 am
au1929 wrote:
If rapture means that all the evangelical Christians will leave and go where ever good evangelicals will. I am all for it.

Probably they believe in Proverbs 2:22, which states: "As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it."
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 08:45 am
Nice point, neologist, rapture doesn't appear in the bible.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:52 pm
When you are a small child, the only reason you will do good things is because your parent will give you something for it.

When some people grow up, they do good things regardless of the reward.
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:49 am
Quote:
When some people grow up, they do good things regardless of the reward. [/QOUTE]

Yah, they do it in fear of the punishment.
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:50 am
my quotes stopped working
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:13 am
M!THº§ wrote:
Quote:
When some people grow up, they do good things regardless of the reward. [/QOUTE]

Yah, they do it in fear of the punishment.

I see we suffer from the same form of typing dyslexia
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:06 pm
Now neo... we all know you're drunk, not dyslexic. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:09 pm
M!THº§ wrote:
my quotes stopped working

Your quote would have worked better had you typed "QUOTE" rather than having typed "QOUTE," which explains it all very simply.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:27 pm
Quote:
The Bible declares that the Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly (like a thief) at a time of apparent world peace, and will break upon the children of darkness (I Thessalonians 5:2-7). In this passage there is a series of contrasts between present-day believers ("ye," "we," "us," and "you") and those who will enter Daniel's 70TH Week ("they" and "them"). Paul clearly states that the members of the church at Thessalonica are "not of the night"--verse 5, and would not be overtaken by such a terrible day. It cannot be argued that present-day Christians could enter Daniel's 70TH Week and be cognizant of what was taking place because Jesus Himself taught His disciples that not only would the Day of the Lord come unexpectedly, but His coming for His own (the Rapture) would also be when least expected--Matthew 24:44; 25:5,6,13; Revelation 3:3.

The Rapture, in fact, heralds the beginning of the Day of the Lord (on earth) and the Day of Christ (in Heaven).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:33 pm
Quote:
Prophecy scholar and author Grant Jeffrey has discovered a sermon by a Greek Orthodox theologian named Ephraem, who died before 400 A.D. Some scholars claim it is not the work of Ephraem, but of a later theologian who was influenced by him, and that it was actually written before 700 A.D. In either case, it substantially pre-dates the alleged 1830 date. Jeffrey has published an English-language translation in one of his recent books.
0 Replies