First Impressions.

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:52 pm
I'm sure you have all experienced different clicks and groups in highschool. My theory is that although people are attracted to each other by personality, i feel it is initially by their appearance. If a person does not wear the same clothing, or look like you or your friends, you naturally don't have the desire to talk to them. For example: There is a new girl who dresses in all black and has dreads. She has 5 ear peircings in each ear and is wearing fish net stockings. A tall blonde cheerleader would have nothing to do with this new girl, because she judged her by her looks. If the new girl looked like the cheerleader, and wore the same clothing as the popular cheerleader, i think the she would try to get to know the new girl. First impressions are everything. HAve you ever thought that friendships made in grade school may not have been made if you looked different?

just something i think about from time to time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 548 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:00 pm
What uniform are you wearing? What tribe's colors do you fly? Do you understand the highsigns and gestures necessary to interpret the messages? Have you genuflected before the leaders? What uniform are you wearing?

Joe(yes. It's that way in every highschool)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:10 pm
When I was in high school all the jocks and fraternity guys were friendly to me because I played in a band, even though they would never be close to me. As for their girlfriends I was doing most of them on the side and on the down low because even the "popular" susie sorority girls wanted to taste the forbidden fruit of the long haired bad boy at least once. I was there for them.

Even today it's the "straight" looking soccer moms that pinch my ass the most.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:14 pm
On my first day in kindergarten a girl with long straight blonde hair came up to me and asked if she could comb my very curly dark hair. I asked her why and she said it looked like my mother had forgotten to do it. She had a little brush with her and I let her try and tame my hair. It was the 60's and I would have killed for hair like hers. Of course it was impossible, my hair refused to anything other than curl and puff out every which way. However, this little act of grooming created a bond and we are still good friends to this day.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:28 pm
Green Witch wrote:
On my first day in kindergarten a girl with long straight blonde hair came up to me and asked if she could comb my very curly dark hair. I asked her why and she said it looked like my mother had forgotten to do it. She had a little brush with her and I let her try and tame my hair. It was the 60's and I would have killed for hair like hers. Of course it was impossible, my hair refused to anything other than curl and puff out every which way. However, this little act of grooming created a bond and we are still good friends to this day.

You had pubes in kindergarten ??? Wow !!!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:35 pm
Huh? You've never seen a curly headed child? Where are you from - Iceland!?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:42 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Huh? You've never seen a curly headed child? Where are you from - Iceland!?

Close, actually.
North Jersey.

I was just reading with a perv eye.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:46 pm
Yeah, in North Jersey the kids mature real early. Something about the pollution in the air and water. I understand your confusion now.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:48 am
I find that good first impressions fade much more easily than do negative first impressions. In other words, bad people who are nice at first are easily classified given a little time. It is harder to discover the people who are a little awkward socially, but have huge hearts.
0 Replies