Beliefs

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:10 pm
Do you believe in god? If you do then what is your idea of god? Do you have a religion?
I'm sorry I'm asking these kind of questions but I'm just curious about other people's beliefs! Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 788 • Replies: 13
No top replies

pinkpants111

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:31 pm
it is good to be curious! don't worry yes i do belive in god i belive if u have faith in him and pray and just believe he can make things happen i know that sounded wierd but i really think if u have a wish and u really want it he can give he is just thier our keeper who knows everything has all the secrets....and is waiting for us to unlock them
0 Replies

burnettegirl222

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 01:06 am
Wow that's pretty wise you know!
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:10 am
I believe that the existence/lack of a god is unknowable. That doesn't mean that I stop questioning, in fact I am very open to people's beliefs. I too am curious, and I find it fascinating the spectrum that I have seen regarding beliefs of god. I have not yet found a person who has never thought about god. (By "god" I mean a higher power of some sort.)

Don't ever be sorry for asking questions. Only be sorry if you DON'T ask! Smile
0 Replies

burnettegirl222

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:19 am
fredjones wrote:
I believe that the existence/lack of a god is unknowable. That doesn't mean that I stop questioning, in fact I am very open to people's beliefs. I too am curious, and I find it fascinating the spectrum that I have seen regarding beliefs of god. I have not yet found a person who has never thought about god. (By "god" I mean a higher power of some sort.)

Wow thanks! That's really nice! Smile Besides, you are right Smile
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:24 am
Re: Beliefs
burnettegirl222 wrote:
Do you believe in god?

No

burnettegirl222 wrote:
Do you have a religion?

No

burnettegirl222 wrote:
I'm sorry I'm asking these kind of questions but I'm just curious about other people's beliefs! Embarrassed

Why would you be sorry? It's not like you are invading anyoes personal space. People are free to ignore questions on message bords if they feel the answer is too personal.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:25 am
fredjones wrote:

I second that.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:36 am
burnettegirl222 wrote:
Do you believe in god?

No. Should I?

Quote:
Do you have a religion?

Clearly not.

Quote:
I'm sorry I'm asking these kind of questions

Don't be sorry for asking them... You should only be sorry for asking them in the wrong forum. This question should really be in spirituality and religion, or general (if it's about getting to know people). Not a big issue but you'll get better responses if the questions are asked in the correct place.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:55 am
God? No. I believe in no form of higher being.
Religion? Buddhist philosophies (though not all beliefs) mixed with rock-hard Atheism.

Don't be sorry! Be the cat that curiosity killed.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:23 am
Well, I once walked into a room and said: What's going on here. I'm sorry I asked.

Wether or not god exists, and what is the naturre of this existence are two irrelevant questions. What is important is that we keep arguing about it. Smile
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 01:09 pm
Cyr- I agree that the question is irrelevant. The existence of a god should not change how we live our lives. We should strive to treat others well regardless of the end destination of our souls. However, as long as humans do not have the answers we will strive to "fill in the blanks" with a higher power. It helps us feel better, kind of like an opiate for the part of our minds that cannot stop questioning. The only problem with it is, just like in the medical world, sometimes drugs stop working.

And sometimes the patients stop taking their prescription. :wink:
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 01:52 am
i am a muslim. i believe in Allah (God), it says in the Qur'an:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him.

Quran Surah 112 (Surah Ikhlas)
0 Replies

val

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:36 am
burnettegirl

Quote:
Do you believe in god?

No.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:56 am
As they say, "Different strokes for different folks". If your religion makes your life easier, fine, as long as you don't attempt to foist it on other people.

The entire concept of a God makes no rational sense to me.
0 Replies