Google Maps Roaming Story (US Edition)

partyfiend

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:15 am
"I hope the bike isn't booby-trapped. You know, like the big wooden horse the Greeks used to defeat Troy."
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:46 am
Then she spotted figures in the road ahead... As they drew closer, she realised it was the kidnappers and they were bowling green cabbages down the road straight at them!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:21 am
"Cabbages! Those fiends!"
"Could be worse. Could be Brussels Sprouts."
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:37 pm
Smile

The girls were about to meet their Waterloo. Surrounded on all sides by the evil band of criminals, they had finally run out of options.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:02 am
"Now what do we do?"
"Pray," said Isabel, trying to remember a prayer to St. Mary.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 08:49 am
(( Hi George, I think it would be fun to use the placenames inside words too, like this, don't you think? ))

And miraculously the combined efforts of their prayers and years of church attendance paid off... The heavens opened and it began to rain live herring.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:14 am
Agreed.
Back later.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:50 am
"If it rains any more we're going to need a snorkel so that we can breathe!" she said.
"Either that or a lot of pickling jars..." quipped her friend.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:29 am
"Whoa, these herring reek!"
"This is no time for delicacy! Press some into herring balls and let fly!"
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:26 am
The fight got into full swing. The girls put up a fierce barrage of flying fish and were soon able to advance
on the bad guys and overpower them.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:07 am
The wrongdoers were soon tied up and the girls could interrogate them a little. One of the was a baker, who had some freshly baked rolls in his nearby truck. This was good news to our heroines because they hadn't eaten all day.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:24 am
"It would be nice to have some parma ham and mozzarella to put in our rolls", said Isabel, not really grasping the seriousness of the situation they were in.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 03:54 am
Their friendship was as strong as ever so they decided to plan a grand vacation together.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:34 pm
Let's go shopping in Milan - I've always wanted to go to Italy!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 01:05 pm
INTERRUPTION.

Sorry pf.Can we do this England.I get the map up OK.Just explain what to do next in terms an idiot can understand.It looks a creative game.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:52 am
Interruption continues...

Hi spendius, we could do one with the Google UK maps - I had a quick look a few weeks ago and didn't think there were so many usable placenames in the UK. You can start a new thread if you think otherwise. The rules in brief are: make a story using links to placenames on google maps (use the "Link to this page" link on Google maps) - each placename used should be somewhere close to the previous one - in the story, the placename has to refer to something/somewhere other than the place on the map.

Note: the zoom level is different depending on how big your screen is. You may have to zoom in one notch to see the place refered to in the story.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:56 am
The story continues...

"Oh, but I want to go to some exclusive beach resort and not have to lift a finger", said the friend.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:34 am
No sooner had Isabel's friend said that there was a crump and the girls looked round startled and the baker's truck had been run into by a tractor unit and bread was rolling all over the highway.

*How do I make "crump" linkable?
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 07:56 am
double click on 'crump' in Google Maps so that it is centered. Then do a right-mouse-click (or equivalent) on the "Link to this page" link in the top right hand corner, and then select "Copy Link Location" from the menu that appears. Now in your A2K post enter the
text [url=xyz]crump[/url] and then "Paste" the link location to replace the "xyz". Easy! I'm busy for a few days now so good luck!
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:39 am
e.g. crump

(sometimes you have to zoom in one level to see the placename someone linked to)

"You guys need to look where you're going!", she barked.
0 Replies