Is the sexual revolution backfiring?

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:21 pm
There is that, indeed, Msolga.

Lol! I recall when I started a new course at uni, in the seventies, where people did not know me. A lot of the older guys thought I was younger than I was, and tried their "let me liberate you from your sexual repression" line on me, thinking I was a fresher.

It was like shooting sitting ducks down - they certainly found out what I thought of their nasty approach - but I saw a number of the younger girls get really distressed and have a lot of sex they didn't really want - and get very hurt.

Wanting and trying for sex was one thing - but that dumb, manipulative line, designed to make dumb or inexperienced women feel bad if they weren't attracted to you? Ewwwwwwww.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:57 pm
But then we got liberated & wised up, Deb! Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:15 pm
Quote:
Lol! I recall when I started a new course at uni, in the seventies, where people did not know me. A lot of the older guys thought I was younger than I was, and tried their "let me liberate you from your sexual repression" line on me, thinking I was a fresher.

Damn. I was always trying that line the other way 'round.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:18 pm
My mother told me the only difference between her generation and mine was that her's pulled the shades.

Words of wisdom.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:19 pm
Lol!!!! Asking someone to liberate you from your sexual repression?

Here puppy!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:35 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
My mother told me the only difference between her generation and mine was that her's pulled the shades.

Words of wisdom.

Now that there have been a respectable number of years since their passing, I've heard some pretty wild stories about my grandparents when they were younger. And these were some pretty staid folks, in my experience.

(Course, I had known that my grandmother already had a child by a married man when my grandfather proposed, but some of the circumstances around it... Swing, baby, swing!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:42 pm
They lied to us & tricked us! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:49 pm
msolga wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
The sexual revolution transformed the American West: Now even cowboys can get laid. Free love is priced right.

The problem was, during the height of the "revolution", that the cowgirls were considered repressed, or something, if they weren't obliging! :wink:

Well actually the "cowgirls" had been off obliging (and being obliged) the city slickers but come the revolution they returned to the men that could fulfill their dreams.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:21 pm
Even cowgirls get the...

Oh, never mind.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:29 pm
Poor Ray, he had hoped for more intimacy and less sex,
and all you talk about is sex, sex and sex. Wink

Then again, it proves my point: There never was a sexual
revolution. It's always been very prominent in the lives
of mankind, some just turned off the lights.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:40 pm
Yeah, it's not like we're pandas, for fricksake...
0 Replies