Surfcasting

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 01:48 pm
Any surfcasters here? I'm going to give it a try. I purchased a long (12') pole and long casting reel, and am going over the hill to the ocean soon. I always get bored at the beach, so I figured I'd find a way to make it more enjoyable. Smile

I'd love to hear your stories of success, and failure. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I've already been told that I don't need a pole that long, but most people telling me that were from back east. The people I see here at the beach have giant fishing poles, so I bought the biggest one I could find (feel free to make giant rod jokes). I only spent $70 on the rod & reel, so if I like the sport, and not the pole, I can easily relegate it to backup duty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:04 pm
Not me, but you are probably right to go with what the surf fishers are really using.

We've got some nice, sandy beaches in New Mexico, but not much water to go with them.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:08 pm
This is an actual picture of my rig. It's too big to put together in the house, and kinda hard to fit in a photograph too!

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SAAAAKwW5VJ5M*ZBQEyXOT!iCCL2mll4YWMmTyyHL*BMDAb!n2kah3ybupQk*aKCMj9O!UP9xbWD14CPHWUVQ9DHxs3xNy18EueRcADRa4EGKvh3AABnAQ/giantrod.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:26 pm
So, nobody here is into it? Maybe they are all out fishing?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:36 pm
It's something I've always wanted to try. I love watching the surf-casters out at Assateague.

Enjoy!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:27 pm
http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/otg/otg_slow.gif
0 Replies