Pagans! Pagans! Calling all pagans, witches, wiccans etc....

MiTHoS

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:31 am
M!THº§ wrote:
I don't have a clue what you're talkin about, but I would like to know where you people came up with all that crap.

Bella Dea wrote:
From the same place all religious come up with their crap.

Not all religions come from God.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
Lemme just land my broom for a minute here..

I am not sure I understand the question well enough to give you a good answer.. but:
My take on your question is this,
You want to know if we witches believe that the green man is a REAL man sort of like the christians believe that jesus was a real man right?
Hmm.. hard to answer . Im sure to some people in the Wiccan religion the green man can be percieved as a ' real man'.
I dont have the verbage to elaborate on that answer.. im hoping you get the idea .
For the most part, the green man is a symbol. A representation of the male , or opposing , energy of the earth. There are 2 energies. To use simple words, Male and Female energy. God/ Goddess.
Not that there are 2 people mind you... just 2 opposite energies .

Did I say that well enough?

( hiyya Sancturary!!! ) :-) BB
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:42 pm
I have to agree with Shewolf- there is no simple answer here.
I do believe there are spirits (divas) that are involved with the natural world of plants, but a specific Green Man - just don't know. I do have a really cool sculpture of Pan in my garden and the plants around it always seem larger and healthier than the same species elsewhere on my property, but you can't call that proof of anything.

The Findhorn Community & Gardens in Scotland takes on the topic of divas for those who are interested:
http://www.findhorn.org/
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:32 am
Yes you are right it seems as if we dont have too many pagans on here. but i agree the catholics need a wake up call. I mean, Hello?!! we are in the 21st century now!!!

neways. Lets FORGET THE GREEN MAN, maybe that was a bad example.
She wolf sed 'There are 2 energies. To use simple words, Male and Female energy. God/ Goddess.
Not that there are 2 people mind you... just 2 opposite energies .
now what im getting at is:

Do the energies, the godess, everything you have mentioned exist as literal meaning? or are they just symbols or ideas that we should use to help us in our lives?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
I dont think I can answer your question.
I think I understand what you are getting at, but with all the variations of wicca, and the ability for a single person in this religion to make thier OWN ideas and perceptions... there is no real concrete way for me to answer your question.
The answer i give will only apply to my perceptions and mean something in my views... for the next person it wont mean crap.

But.. in a general way, the goddess is an energy. Not a human who lived on the earth(like jesus), not an existing person (like Krishna), and not a person of power ( like cleopatra) .

In Wicca, there is an importance to recognizing 2 opposing energies, how ever you want to name them. There is a bit of science behind that as well wich I wont get into .. but.. an example :
It takes 2 to create one. If you want to create a stone, it takes sand and heat. If you want to create water it takes Hydrogen and Oxygen. If you want to grow a seed it takes soil and water... see what I am getting at? 2 elements combine to create one.
( people will argue that all they want.. )
God and Goddess ARE those opposing elements wrapped into one single word. They are the opposing factors of every element. They are life and death, air and water, sun and moon....
Does that help you understand what I am trying to say? Or did I confuse you? Laughing
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:44 pm
Re: Pagans! Pagans! Calling all pagans, witches, wiccans etc
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
Hi there, friends of the earth!
I would be intersted to know if you believe in your faith as a metaphor, or as its literal meaning?
E.g, does the green man exist? or is he just a metaphor for the parts of the green parts of the earth? Does he exist only in spirit? Or is he actually a man?
How does this affect your worship, your faith?

This links to my thread 'why not believe?' if any of you are interested.

Actually I'm more of an earth and sky follower myself -- praying to our Mother Earth, Father Sky, the spirits who walk the land.

Smile
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:47 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
May I just correct something? Sorry, it's a huge pet peeve of mine...

You said "Pagans..Wiccans," as if the two are seperate. However Wicca is merely a sect from Paganism, when you are saying 'Paganism' you are summarizing Wicca already along with many other paths.

I'm probably the only person in the world that is bothered by this, but nonetheless. I always wonder why people people distinguish Paganism and Wicca, without ever mentioning one other of the hundreds of Pagan paths...

As for your question about the Green Man:

Pagans believe that nature is magical. Nature is the source of all life to them, it is the heartbeat of existence. I would assume that the 'Green Man' is a metaphor for the life that pours through nature.

Great answer, Sanctuary, about pagan beliefs. I agree totally.

Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:47 am
shewolfnm - UnagiSushi - Sanctuary

I'd like to hear more from you.

UnagiShshi, I feel like you, worshiping the earth, sky, stars and so on.

Sanctuary - Thank You! I don't have much interest in Wicca, but would hesitate calling myself a pagan as I don't want the association. - see my thread re straying from origins.
You made me feel free to use a limited word to express my unlimited belief system.

shewolfnm - your thoughts on opposing forces very much hit home with me. Smile

As for an answer to the original question.....Honestly, I believe both at the same time, with no conflict.
How?
Faith. Smile
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:48 am
I appreciate you all being open-minded to my statements! And all the kind words...oh, I just want to eat you all up. Embarrassed

Paganism has such a stigma these days, with 10 year olds casting spells left and right and wearing "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" t-shirts. I wonder if they know the orgins, the soul of Paganism.

I love Paganism. I do not practice it anymore, because I've found that while it is beautiful to study it does not suit me personally (however I will forever be drawn to the bond with nature it presents).

I am glad someone inquired about it, I just wish I (we) could elaborate more. The question is difficult for me to wrap my verbal skills around.

Thank you all again, who through the direct comments at me =)
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 04:42 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
shewolfnm - UnagiSushi - Sanctuary

I'd like to hear more from you.

UnagiShshi, I feel like you, worshiping the earth, sky, stars and so on.

Sanctuary - Thank You! I don't have much interest in Wicca, but would hesitate calling myself a pagan as I don't want the association. - see my thread re straying from origins.
You made me feel free to use a limited word to express my unlimited belief system.

shewolfnm - your thoughts on opposing forces very much hit home with me. Smile

As for an answer to the original question.....Honestly, I believe both at the same time, with no conflict.
How?
Faith. Smile

Hello Chai Tea -- love your name, by the way! I am Just Hatched, it seems -- interesting concept there. Very Happy
0 Replies