Is Judaism for me?

Jslim

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 09:02 am
I was born to a catholic mother and an atheist father, and I have spent around 25 years living in an LDS (Church of the false god of the new age self proclaimed righteous people, my translation) community. I have read some of both the old and new testaments (KJV).
Observation: The old testament seems to have much more credibility than the new, as I have confirmed more truth from it than the new from personal experience (and the old matches what I feel, while the new makes little sense). The truths I find from the new are indirect or mixed with false things (what is implied is false but the statement might be true in a hidden sense "He cometh with clouds" Rev 1:7 is a good example, as he has yet to descend from the clouds, yet he does cloud/blind people to the truth).
I do not commit myself to any religion, though I am certainly not a follower of Christ. I am curious though, about Judaism, as I only have experience with Christianity. I am basically searching for spiritual kin who believe and see the same truths that I do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 824 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 10:11 am
@Jslim,
Visit a local synagogue or Jewish community center and meet people. You don't have to talk about worship, religion, etc. Just determine (and after more than one day) -- are these your people? Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. There are a lot of different kinds of Jews in the world, and one size most assuredly does not fit all.

Best of luck on your journey!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 03:10 pm
There are many non- Christian religions. Explore a few (Taoism, Buddism , Universal Unitarian, just to name a few.)
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 02:31 am
@Jslim,
For Judaism you are likely to need physiological commitment as well as spiritual commitment if you are pursuing 'kinship'. Wink
roger

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 02:38 am
@fresco,
I forgot about that.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 07:05 am
@fresco,
Not if you're female.
0 Replies