Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:45 pm
Just what would life be like if evolution had not created bones in it's creatures.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 899 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 10:07 pm
Pretty much what it was like during the Cambrian Period. It was only after then that vertebrates started to appear. Am I missing the point or does this have nothing to do with religion?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 10:52 pm
I'm gonna guess that if in fact it does have anything to do with religion, this is one of those deals where somebody's perspective is so constrained by ignorance and agenda they just can't frame an idea in any other context. Happens as frequently in politics as it does in religion. Same deal, pretty much.
0 Replies

Zipp City US of A

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:13 am
Isn't it great how evolution when it did get around to creating skeletons they were complete skeletons. Evolution was so smart it put the same number of toes on each foot so it can count also, wonder why if it created out of need why man has no clothes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:44 am
We'd just all ooze around. It might be fun.
0 Replies

Zipp City US of A

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:23 am
Well I guess it had to be evolution that caused man to believe in a higher power, so think we should go along with it or resist the idea.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:02 am
Well, there we go. Zipp City US of A, it would appear you've established the thrust of your topic here. Oh, and Welcome to A2K, by the way.

Now, as to your "framework" framework - vertebrates did not spring forth equipped with bilaterally symetrical decidigit appendages. Appearin' durin the Ordovician period, some half-billion years ago, the first vertebration, as displayed by Agnatha was a means of providin' for a food intake equipped with crushin'-tearin' gear; moveable bony plates which eventually evolved into jaws and teeth. Myllokunmingia fengjiaoa the earliest known vertebrates, gave rise to Placoderms, the vertebrates with the earliest known hinged jaws, havin' elements both of endoskeleton and exoskeleton, and evidencin' a number of design changes which did not make it into succeedin' models, such as the cartelagenous fishes and the bony fishes, which begin appearin' in the fossil record some hundred-plus million years on from the proto-vertebrate agnathae.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:07 am
and when did the appearing and disappearing weinie bone show up in evolution? Just curious.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:08 am
Zipp City US of A wrote:
Isn't it great how evolution when it did get around to creating skeletons they were complete skeletons. Evolution was so smart it put the same number of toes on each foot so it can count also, wonder why if it created out of need why man has no clothes.

Wait, evolution made choices? Evolution has intelligence? Evolution actively and intentionally created? Evolution is some kind of being? I wonder if he's God... That would be cool.
0 Replies

Zipp City US of A

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:49 am
Wait, evolution made choices? Evolution has intelligence? Evolution actively and intentionally created? Evolution is some kind of being? I wonder if he's God... That would be cool

Yes it seems that Evolution is quite a designer. For example the two legged Duck and the four legged dog it may seem they are very different, but on the other hand they are quite the same, note they both have one mouth with one nose with two nostrils each, which is above the mouth with two eyes above the nose and two ears behind the eyes and with a behind on the back side. So one must conclude they came from the same designer or source.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 01:57 pm
Your designer must have had a very indecisive day when creating the land planarian—or had a poor sense of humor—because both its mouth and anus share a common duct in the middle of its body.

http://media.hgtv.com/HGTV/newsletter/gardening_newsletter/vol_009/worm.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:09 pm
Zipp City US of A wrote:
Wait, evolution made choices? Evolution has intelligence? Evolution actively and intentionally created? Evolution is some kind of being? I wonder if he's God... That would be cool

Zipp City US of A is some kind of being? I wonder if he's God... That would be cool.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:13 pm
God having a sense of humour is the most sensible thing I've heard so far.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:00 pm
Unfortunately, fundamentalists don't have a sense of humor concerning their religion. Religion without humor equals fanaticism.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:27 am
Well that would explain why all my dead pope jokes keep falling flat.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:35 am
How does that old "Who" song go? "Welcome the new boss(pope), same as the old boss."
0 Replies

takeoffsaftey

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 10:10 am
We'd all be slug like and gooey...like FLUBBER!!!
wow, that'd be messed....
Could probably do some whacked out studd with our bodys though!
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:51 pm
Zipp City US of A wrote:

Yes it seems that Evolution is quite a designer. For example the two legged Duck and the four legged dog it may seem they are very different, but on the other hand they are quite the same, note they both have one mouth with one nose with two nostrils each, which is above the mouth with two eyes above the nose and two ears behind the eyes and with a behind on the back side. So one must conclude they came from the same designer or source.

I read this post without looking who wrote it, and I thought it was a sarcastic rebuttal of creationism in general. So now I'm confused whether you believe in a creator or not?
0 Replies