You Brits Have Me Confused

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 07:02 pm
Let's see...Bush is VERY disliked in Britain...British citizens see Blair as having his head up Bushs' ass and with good reason IMO. Blair about to easily gain reelection.

WTF my Brit buds?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050416/344/fghn8.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,309 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 08:01 pm
Other option is worse?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 08:08 pm
Better the devil you know is why we're on the downhill slippery slope.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 12:54 am
It could be because the Brits never really bought the idea of a presidential style of government and therefore at election time they forget the figureheads and look at the party policies. They might dislike Blair but see Brown in the background and as dlowan has pointed out they know what the Tories are like especially when it comes to domestic social policies.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:02 pm
Re: You Brits Have Me Confused
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Let's see...Bush is VERY disliked in Britain...British citizens see Blair as having his head up Bushs' ass and with good reason IMO. Blair about to easily gain reelection.

WTF my Brit buds?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050416/344/fghn8.html

You're easily confused.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:10 pm
I thought the thread was going to be about why they don't brush their teeth.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:19 pm
Blair will get in, as there is no viable alternative at the moment. The labour government will have its majority slashed (IMO), and he wont be Prime Minister for long.
My reckoning is that, after a decent time ( a year?) in order to save face, Blair will step down and Gordon Brown will take over.

I'm not worried about Blair or Brown sucking up to Bush again, Blair tried this once and I would imagine that he now bitterly regrets it.
Everyone in Britain could see that Bush was/is a nutter, but for some reason Blair had his blinkers on......maybe it was the lure of all those future Iraqi rebuilding contracts that came our way (not).
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:21 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I thought the thread was going to be about why they don't brush their teeth.

I brush my teeth quite regularly I'll have you know, and although one has some slight staining, the other is perfectly healthy.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:02 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Blair will get in, as there is no viable alternative at the moment. The labour government will have its majority slashed (IMO), and he wont be Prime Minister for long.
My reckoning is that, after a decent time ( a year?) in order to save face, Blair will step down and Gordon Brown will take over.

I'm not worried about Blair or Brown sucking up to Bush again, Blair tried this once and I would imagine that he now bitterly regrets it.
Everyone in Britain could see that Bush was/is a nutter, but for some reason Blair had his blinkers on......maybe it was the lure of all those future Iraqi rebuilding contracts that came our way (not).

Rebuilding contracts....Auf Wiedersehen Pet from Baghdad?????
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:24 am
Oz:- "Way-ay bonny lad, there's all them Yanks buildin' bloody great offices an' all, an' we're over here buildin' their crapper?"
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:31 am
Oz - hey lads wass all this gold-plated stuff then man? Goin' back 'ome that is then. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:41 am
Dennis:- "If you're lookin' for Biological weapons, just try goin' in the Bog after Oz ".
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:44 am
Classic man, classic. Laughing
0 Replies