South Carolina Secedes from Union!!!

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:12 pm
I wasn't able to find a date on this, but it must be recent, or everyone would know about it. I thought about checking if anyone else had posted this breaking news yet, but apparently that's not the trend in A2K etiquette.

AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of South Carolina and other States united with her under the compact entitled "The Constitution of the United States of America."
We, the people of the State of South Carolina, in convention assembled, do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance adopted by us in convention on the twenty-third day of May, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified, and also all acts and parts of acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying amendments of the said Constitution, are hereby repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of the "United States of America," is hereby dissolved.

I don't have a link, but feel free to google it, and I'm sure you'll find plenty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:14 pm
Good. I never liked Carolina barbecue anyway.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:17 pm
I have a feeling the gun issue in Florida is going to be forgotten pretty quickly.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:17 pm
So what happens to all those Marines at Paris Island?

And can people still go to the Afterdeck in Myrtle Beach and the House of Blues?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:46 pm
December 20, 1860.

Man, news sure travels slow in the Internet age.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:01 pm
It is a red state, no great loss.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:08 pm
Does that mean that we will need a passport to go there???
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:32 pm
Well then they can just roll that state up and take it where ever they please. We can always use another deep bay on the east coast.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:46 pm
But what are we going to do if we need some of the manufactured goods of that sweet state, how long before there is a shortage of bullwhips, wrapper tobacco and sad country songs?
0 Replies