Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:14 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 665 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:22 am
I love how the media put the "hunting" spin on it. Nobody really wants to "hunt" cats. It's just hunters and property owners who want to be able to kill (primarily) feral cats legally. They're doing it anyway, legal or not. Feral cats are an environmental menace, spreading disease and decimating local wildlife populations - especially birds. Why can't they just report the news and not mold it to meet their anti-hunt (anything) agenda?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
I support the hunting of cats only if we are allowed to take them to the taxidermist and mount their heads on our den walls.

How manly would that be? "Yup bagged that calico behind a dumpster at the Krogers. He was a mean one, but I swallowed my fear, kept my composure and got him with one clean shot. Say honey, how bout fetching me and the boys another round? "

Hot Damn!!!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 11:19 am
http://www.norlanehs.vic.edu.au/you%20yangs%20regional%20park/natural%20values/fauna/pest/cats/images/fe_feral.cat.jpg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:04 pm
I really enjoy feral cats. If yer real careful and just spook 'em with the first shot, they can be a real challenge.

'Course, if I happen to see one prowlin' around my chickens, I'll usually give The Puppies first opportunity to play. I generally don't bring out the varmint piece 'less I recognize the critter as an on-goin' repeat offender.

Now, we do have some barn cats that live here, but they're gainfully employed, even if not pets, and get essential vet care, like neuterin'/spayin', wormin', and innoculatin'. They earn their keep, their population is pretty well regulated, and they aren't themselves disease vectors or otherwise injurious to the other resident critters.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:41 pm
Paintball guns work well for the first shot. Amazing how cats do that back flip before they die.
0 Replies