Men are the New Women pt. 371: The Man Date

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:58 pm
I remember the time I went to New York for a visit.

I was drilling Kicky in the ass and it was really getting good to both of us. I leaned over and whispered in his ear in the height of passion "Kicky this is the best date I've been on in years" at which point he jumped off me and said "Date? Date? What do you think I'm a goodam queer or something"? It really broke the mood.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:20 pm
...and then you woke up and realized you had fallen asleep while balling your cat up the ass again.

What do you think that kind of date would be called?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
...and then you woke up and realized you had fallen asleep while balling your cat up the ass again.

What do you think that kind of date would be called?

Ah.. the world famous sreaming egyptian pussy number 432 on the kama sutra.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:21 pm
Hmmm - the guys I know definitely socialize together - but I must admit, like Soz, that they probably tend to do so at events organized by the women more than getting out together at pre-arranged times - except for the pub and the football.

But they do have very close and intimate friendships with each other - and certainly socialize with each other with great pleasure. Lots of guys I know will go out to dinner together and such - some might be a little uncomfortable - but not many.

BTW - Australian men are traditionally far LESS talkative and forthcoming with stuff than American men - believe me!!!!! American men are gabby and deeply sensitive and such compared with ours!

This is changing, thank god - at least in some social strata - and the guys I have always known are not traditional at all - mostly.

I can well see why talking about the man-date is annoying to some of the guys here. I can imagine that such language MAY be aimed at fuelling a new generation of sociology masters and doctorates...

It kind of feels like crap like "woman-doctor" and "male-nurse" - huh? Though the Seinfeld episode about the unfolding relationship between Jerry and whatshisname was hilarious - especially the bit where whatshisname takes it to a higher level insultingly fast, by asking Jerry to help him move !
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 05:12 pm
Since the definition of 'date' and 'flirt' doesn't seem to be clear in a male-female context, I can't really imagine that man-date would be any easier to sort out.

I definitely don't envy anyone in their teens or twenties trying to sort out what the hell all the oldies are babbling about - and trying to move forward in any sensible way.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 06:00 pm
Lol - they prolly do exactly what "we oldies" do - just live first, and think about it later!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 06:02 pm
I dunno. They seem so damn serious to me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:09 pm
The oldies or the teens/ twenties folks?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
The teens/twenties gang.
Serious.
Depressingly so.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:15 pm
Huh.

I don't really know enough of 'em firsthand these days.

I was certainly depressingly serious throughout, with brief respites, but I'm more toward the oldie side.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:17 pm
We've got a whack of them at work.
Glum Dour Serious Career-focussed
I don't know if they'd know what had happened if someone goosed them.

One date and they're talking marriage. Seems so 1950's.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:56 pm
Hmm. A lot of this stuff is cultural, but we all know that, eh.

I took italian for seven quarters in a university setting but not through the regular degree system. Thus I spent most saturday mornings for a few years with under a dozen people struggling along to communicate. We always had composition assignments, which tended to take me forever to get done. Anyway, as the quarters progressed, the teacher and I became good friends, as we were both females of a certain age with some shared viewpoints, which we learned about through these composition/discussions. So after the classes were over for me, we still got together every once in a while to go for a walk and stop at a pastry shop.

On one of these occasions we were walking down a main street and she took my arm in the promenading manner.
I walked along sort of mortified for about a block and then I just had to tell her that people might think we were lesbian. She was shocked, dropped my arm like an electrified lightening bolt, and eventually thanked me for letting her know. So, actually I think the old fashioned promenading arm in arm is a nice thing, but it doesn't work in a US city for heterosexuals of the same sex. In my opinion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:59 pm
Oh my.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:27 pm
Well, mortified might be a little strong re my view re myself as I don't care that much who thinks what of me... but I was discomforted somewhat, myself. I wasn't ready to walk the next dozen blocks arm in arm.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:03 pm
One interesting thing about this discussion that I totally didn't expect are the differences in perspective about woman-dates. (OK, all this terminology has got to be improved, no ideas at the moment.) I'd have no problem at all walking along arm-in-arm with a woman, and have done it many a time. I think I have had those twinges when walking along with an obviously lesbian friend (what do I mean by obviously? pretty much textbook butch, I guess), but I came of age late enough that being possibly lesbian has cachet. :-D

But then also what FreeDuck had to say -- what me and Ms. Jennifer 8. think is obvious about female interactions evidently isn't as obvious as all that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:11 pm
I'm so used to walking arm in arm with female friends of all persuasions that the thought that anyone even thinks about it, well, it's just puzzling to me.

One friend in particular - we walk arm in arm, we sometimes hold hands when we talk, we're both very touchy - it's simply the way it is. The only person who's ever thought it was odd (well, thinks she is odd) is her mother, who is in her 80's. Or maybe she's the only one who says something? hmmm, no, don't think so - we've got pretty verbal friends.

Maybe it's part of living in Toronto? I know The Prince found some of the same-sex PDA's here a bit note-worthy, while they'd barely registered on me, as they're so common.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:16 pm
This area is a mecca for gay and lesbians. I do often see women walking hand-in-hand or arm-in-arm, but less so men. The women pairs are sometimes obviously gay (to me) and just as often not. I think there are also a lot of europeans here or trendies who are euro-wannabes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:18 pm
I've spent a lot of my life palling around with women friends. I've traveled with many, several times with just one. Even now when my business partner and I go together to buy garden pots in Oakland we share a room, no big deal. But... we don't stroll down main shopping boulevards with linked arms window shopping for blocks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:26 pm
You may have a point re touchy feely, which became popular in the early seventies, in LA at least. I was thirty in the early seventies, though I insist I am not eighty yet.

So you hold hands while you shop with girlfriends?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:48 pm
Who me? No. Sometimes my Italian housemate will slip her arm in mine. I think it's weird, but it's not so uncomfortable that I slip out of it. This usually happens when it's late and we've been out. So, I'm usually drunk. Then again, my Slovak pal, Dag, wouldn't ever walk arm-in-arm with anyone except for MAYBE a boyfriend.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:52:05