Tom Brady is a bigot

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 05:53 pm
tps://www.politico.com/.../tom-brady-donald-trump-hat...
Manage

POLITICO.COM
Tom Brady: Yes, that is a Trump hat in my locker
Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 1m
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 1,291 • Replies: 31

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I couldn't get your link to work. I did find this:
Tom Brady Political Views
Brady declares himself an Independent but does seem to be closer to Republicans than Democrats. He says is friends with Republican president Donald Trump, and has received criticism for admitting this. He’s also said he’s interested in pursuing a career in politics in the future, probably in California.

http://www.celebritybeliefs.com/tom-brady/
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks, eb.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,

the story is from 2015 --

http://time.com/4025262/tom-brady-trump-hat/

but, no, Brady is not a bigot.

if he was, i think his teammates would have already torn him a new one...
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
but, no, Brady is not a bigot.
. If you have evidence to prove he's not a bigot, I'd like to see it? And there's this: https://blackamericaweb.com/2015/09/17/why-its-starting-to-look-like-tom-brady-is-a-racist-exclusive-audio/. BTW, the year it was published doesn't absolve him.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:52 pm
Is this a joke thread?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:53 pm
@thack45,
It's not, but of you have evidence for or against Tom Brady, please post it here.
thack45

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I didn't know I needed any. If it helps, I've recently come across some pretty compelling evidence that you sound like a crazy person
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 09:20 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
I've recently come across some pretty compelling evidence that you sound like a crazy person

Are you a licensed psychiatrist? BTW, what does a "crazy person" sound like? Also, you must notify Robert Gentel, the founder of able2know. He's the one who invited me to able2know.
thack45

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 11:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A licensed psychiatrist would be about the last person to use the term "crazy person", but I see what you're getting at. No, I was using the term in the same sense that literally billions of people the world over (excluding licensed psychiatrists) do: hyperbolically, to drive home a point. That point being, you're making a comically massive leap in condemning someone as a bigot because they have a maga hat. And based solely on this conclusion that you and some other guy on the internet came to, you demand evidence proving Tom Brady's not a bigot. And you're being serious. This is some straight up mccarthyism ****. Name dropping Robert though... that was just Laughing Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:11 am
@thack45,
Quote:
...you're making a comically massive leap in condemning someone as a bigot because they have a maga hat.
. To replicate the red MAGA cap of a well known racist is a no brainer. I'm not here to argue with anyone about the perception that is obvious to this minority who suffered discrimination in this country. Found on the internet: Why Trump's Maga Hats Have Become A Potent Symbol Of Racism ...
thenewstalkers.com/community/discussion/44265/...
That MAGA hat wouldn't elicit such outrage if Trump were just a man who used bigotry for his own ends, and a reality TV star instead of President of the United States. But he is President of the United States.
Trump's MAGA hats have become a potent symbol of racism ...
www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/opinions/maga-hat-has...
The MAGA hat, like the Confederate flag, wouldn't elicit outraged reactions if it were only a piece of cloth that harkened back to bygone days never to be relived. But it isn't, writes Issac Bailey.
Wearing a Trump Hat is Sure Sign You're a Racist, Claims CNN
thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/wearing-trump...
Of course there are no actual examples of Trump using racist and hateful language, but lets go on. That context cannot be divorced from the image of the MAGA hat any more than the Confederate flag can be divorced from the brutality of chattel slavery. I disagree with "Of course there are no actual examples of Trump using racist and hateful language," Trump has used many racial language. Here are some samples. a) "ban all Muslims from entering our country, until we know what the hell is going on!" b) "shithole countries." c) "build a fence on the Southern border," but no mention of a fence between Canada and the US. and d) "Mexicans bring crime and rapists, and I'm sure some are good people."
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump's MAGA hats have become a potent symbol of racism
were the hats always a symbol of racism?

were the hats automatically associated with bigotry (your term) as they rolled off the assembly line in 2015?

as far as you know, Brady was given the hat as a gift, and he put it in his locker.

is he wearing it proudly in public?

is he campaigning for 45?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
I’ve stopped listening to he-said-she-said half-baked reports. If he has a hat in his locker that is proof of nothing. If he wore it in public and said that he supported what it stands for, that is a wholly different matter.

He’s just a jock, albeit a HOF and the GOAT. They tend to spew all kinds of crap - even QBs. Listen to Terry Bradshaw sometime. On second thought, don’t!He rarely makes a lick of sense.

I doubt he’s a bigot but have no definitive proof he’s not. Logic to me would indicate former (outspoken and famous) black teammates of his like Randy Moss would been all over him and in the media screaming their heads off about it if he was. They haven’t!

Furthermore, my thought is that he babbles nonsense (a few concussions) and he leans Republican. Those acts are not a crime.
Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 08:39 am
Tom Brady may be more hated than even Trump outside of New England.

There is talk of crazy on here - crazy is that Brady is so hated (i.e. non-New England supporters are jealous of his success) that they will reach for anything to insult him - including calling him a bigot because the media reported he had a particular hat in his locker.

I am sure Brady is a bigot against half his best receivers for example - I bet he does not hand off or pass to certain of his teammates as much because of their color.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 09:30 am
@Linkat,
That's a pretty bold claim. Care to back that up at all? Any quotes, any interviews, any down played off the field spats to report?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:19 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Any quotes, any interviews, any down played off the field spats to report?
you won't find any because Belichick doesn't allow it in his locker room...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:55 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

That's a pretty bold claim. Care to back that up at all? Any quotes, any interviews, any down played off the field spats to report?

My comment is sarcasm - if you cannot tell I am from New England and Brady it the GOAT!

I think it is fairly obvious that Brady loves his team no matter their background as long as they make the play he could care less.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 02:35 pm
Whatever Brady privately thinks, I haven't noticed him using it to influence others.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 02:58 pm
@Ragman,
All good points, Ragman. I need to back off my character assassination even though there are some "out there" that believe as I do. Supporting a known racial bigot president and declaring his friendship with him seems obvious to me. Some whites evidently don't consider racism as a factor, but as a minority in this country, I'm very sensitive to nuances.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I understand how you feel about this. It doesn't sit well with me when others have those red hats. It hurts me very much to admit I have relatives who support Trump. I don't know how to counteract any of it besides speaking out and voting my conscience.

1. Forums
  2. » Tom Brady is a bigot
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:13:35