John Finnis

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:58 pm
Any philosophers/legal theorist experts who can explain the legal theory of J Finnis? I can't understand his explaination of the 9 goods of life and the good of practical reason.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 997 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 11:09 pm
Feel like telling us what they are, or why they're giving you trouble? (Might explain the lack of response.)
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 05:51 pm
Ooops - sorry. Its just that I assumed that those who knew John finnis would know what I was referring to - but that is a dumb assumption. Embarrassed
John Finnis - as I understand it is at Oxford U and is a legal theorist and philosopher. He is an advocate of natural law and his reasoning is that law and what is right for socieity should be based on 9 certain goods, one of them practical reason, which then itself expands into another 10 points. I need to get an idea on how to apply them - as in how they work, not just the facts of his theory.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:47 pm
wait a minute - who does legal theories and philosophy?? I need help on a lot of the theorists - this is directed to the USA - who knows about american realism?
0 Replies