The 'Holy Ghost'; He, She...or "It"?

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 06:46 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Yeah, kinda, sorta, maybe.

There were no analogies for the 'Holy Spirit' in those days.
Today they would probably call it God's spiritual Internet.
Stay logged on.
0 Replies

BroRando

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2021 10:16 am
@vikorr,
They are neither male or female in Heaven. Father is a masculine gender wouldn't you say? The Bride of Christ is a feminine gender wouldn't you agree.

Jehovah is not everywhere, He is in Heaven.
TruthMatters

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 01:27 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
I don't understand you're thinking.
Please explain.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 05:37 pm
@BroRando,
Jeremiah 23: 23-24; “I am a God who is everywhere and not in one place only. No one can hide where I cannot see him. Do you not know that I am everywhere in heaven and on earth"?
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:06 am
@Jewels Vern,
We don't call spirits "he."

God is He. Jesus is he, or maybe she (see my recent thread). The Holy Spirit is not an "it" as "it" is dehumanizing. Nor does rhe Holy Spirit have a gender. Holy means whole, so this is referring to the spirit which pervades all of us.

They (or we) would be the right pronoun.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 09:43 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
The androgynous God who said; "And now let 'US' make man in 'OUR' image and likeness," then proceeded to make man in his image, male man and female man He created them.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 09:54 pm
@The Anointed,
and pigeons
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:15 pm
@farmerman,
Yep! Pigeons too. pigeons that fly in crap on your post then fly away, Don't know why he made them, but he made germs, worms, maggots and annoying buzzing mosquitos also, so there must be some purpose to their short existence on earth.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:54 pm
@The Anointed,
if you dont understand, dont spout off like a moron, you should take time and read more about ecosystems and animal ethology.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 11:21 pm
@farmerman,
You obviously don't understand volcanos as do some of the greatest scientists in their chosen field of expertise, you should take time to read up on the subject instead of spruiking that you know better than the best.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:13 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
you should take time and read more about ecosystems and animal ethology.

I've been doing a lot more of that lately, and you know, I'm start'n to appreciate more and more of the exquisite balance required in this ecology. But where you see ecological niches, I see the requirement of design. Darwin's Mother Nature don't give a hoot about 'balance'.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:16 am
@Leadfoot,

The requirement of Design" ???? please explain hat you mean by that?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:19 am
@The Anointed,
Ive taught geochemistry of anatexis and volcanoes in grad school, maybe youd wish to include me in your "greatest scientist"

Youre a moron when it comes to geociences ir. Youve been hacking your way by misunerstanding and misquoting clips from pop science sites. Get a subscription to AGU. (They have an active group in Oz)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:41 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

The androgynous God who said; "And now let 'US' make man in 'OUR' image and likeness," then proceeded to make man in his image, male man and female man He created them.

That is not an androgynous rendering.

That is the Royal "We"...almost certainly used by the translators out of deference for the god. In most KJV Bibles the words "Us" and "Our" will be capitalized for that reason.

When Victoria said, "We are not amused"...she was not being androgynous.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
That is the Royal "We"...almost certainly used by the translators out of deference for the god. In most KJV Bibles the words "Us" and "Our" will be capitalized for that reason.

See, that's what you get when you assume God is a sanctimonious asshole.
The 'Royal We', that's gotta be the most anti-apologetic interpretation of scripture I've ever seen. Kudos Frank!
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 11:15 am
@Jewels Vern,
John 10:30- I and the Father are one.

0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 11:20 am
@maxdancona,
@NO-NAME,
The Holy Spirit got a woman pregnant.

That is masculine in the biological sense of the word.

----------------------------

One of the Gods fornicated?
0 Replies