Portable AC power supply needed for printer

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 06:45 pm
I run a business out of a storage unit and the only component I cannot run is a thermal printer (Zebra LP2844). At home, I can run this printer from a simple wall outlet. But the storage facility does not have an AC outlet and no other source of power is available. What backup equipment would I need to be able to be able to run this printer ? The power adapter for the printer states
INPUT: 110V -240V; 47-63 Hz; 1.5A
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 496 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 09:41 am
@pvkamath,
You have a couple of options. You can go with a battery powered portable generator. A decent one could give you up to three hours of 120V, 1.5a power. Another options is a small gas powered generator, but you would likely need to keep it outside the storage unit for ventilation and run in an extension cord.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 02:51 pm
Gas powered generators produce lots of surges that are devastating to electronics.

If you go with a gas powered generator, you need one with a built in inverter that coverts the electricity from AC to DC and then back to AC in order to remove the constant surges.

Otherwise your printer is going to be dead a couple minutes after you plug it into the generator.
0 Replies