2

Does God want us to judge him?

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 02:07 pm
Does God want us to judge him?

I think that God wants us to judge him. We are to emulate Jesus. Jesus judged God and found him wanting.

Upon taking the judgement seat, Jesus indicated that it was time to retire Yahweh. Jesus saw Yahweh as no longer fit to rule over or judge man. Man had in essence graduated to his rightful place as the judge of all the Gods.

Christians, who are told by their own scriptures to judge righteously, are not doing so when it comes to Yahweh.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Yahweh is quite a vile God. It is no wonder that Yahweh does not show his face around Christians. They would kill him. Jesus did say that he came to bring War. Perhaps he meant war against God, which would be following Jewish tradition.

If God wants us to judge him, why do most Christians not judge God in a righteous and moral manner?

Place no God above me, means that God wants us to judge all the Gods, including himself, to insure he is the best of the best. How else could we know that Yahweh was the best God to follow?

Do you agree, or are we not supposed to judge God?

Regards
DL

Ponderer

1  
Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 03:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
Judge not, that you will not be judged. For with whatsoever judgment you judge, you will be judged.
CalamityJane

2  
Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 03:32 pm
Yes, you are judged due to the fact that you're trying to judge someone who doesn't exist. My judgement for you: believes in fairy tales, is unrealistic and interprets written contents as he wishes.
Sturgis

2  
Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 04:17 pm
@Greatest I am,
...judge him?

HIM?

When did god/God/Abba etc. start having a gender?

Putting that on the side, as humans we are to some degree, I believe, expected to have momentary lapses of judgement, wherein we do judge the almighty. The key is to as soon as possible, admit our error, apologize and humbly ask forgiveness....from whatever entity or entities have placed us on our journey.
Finn dAbuzz

0  
Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 03:08 pm
@Greatest I am,
Here you are again with your silly attempts at provocation...
vikorr

2  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 02:28 am
@Greatest I am,
God, Allah, Jesus, or whatever you choose to believe as God, should be worthy. They all apparently gave us both a conscience and free will, so it is inevitable that we will judge such a God, perhaps unless we were to deny such gifts...and why would anyone throw a gift back in the face of the giver?

Perhaps only Jesus didn't fail ones conscience in that regard, even if his disciples and subsequent followers certainly did.

That's the problem with humans. We are capable of great kindness and understanding, and also capable of great hatred, blindness, sociopathy etc. Religion tend to inspire both persuasions in many people. Many religious people call themselves kind and good...and they often possess aspects that are indeed kind & good....even while many are also intolerant (of other things) and proud of their intolerance.
Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:38 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

A good standard to judge by.

Judge. It is your duty says the bible.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:40 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I agree that it is all fiction.

Unfortunately, it is not fiction to theists who have used literal reading to do a lot of damage to society.

Get into their mind set and try to have them look at the immorality of their God instead of just taking the easy way out and just denying that their God is real.

That will do the world a lot more good as it will be you fighting evil.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:43 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

...judge him?

HIM?

Asking forgiveness from a genocidal son murdering God is like asking forgiveness from Satan or Hitler.

You go ahead and trust in a fair judgement from such an unjust judge.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I hear you. It is almost impossible to have the brain dead theists think.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:46 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

I agree that we can be as foul as your genocidal son murdering demiurge.

That is why we should reject that putrid Yahweh/Allah.

Regards
DL

Finn dAbuzz

0  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 06:55 pm
@Greatest I am,
And yet you are forever trying