Does God want us to judge him?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 11:42 am
@Greatest I am,
Can I ask you a question. Do you believe the person called Jesus in the gospels existed? I'm not asking if you agree with any of the gospels, just whether or not you believe they were inspired by a real figure.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 07:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Can I ask you a question. Do you believe the person called Jesus in the gospels existed? I'm not asking if you agree with any of the gospels, just whether or not you believe they were inspired by a real figure.

I see Jesus as an archetypal good man. More like what Joseph Campbell called a hero od 1,000 faces.

I think Gnostic Christianity came out of Chrestianity, --- I cannot prove it, --- which is a good man ideology and not a supernatural god belief.

There are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christianity.

Give this link a listen for a longer answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 08:53 am
@Greatest I am,
That puts you at odds with a lot of Gnostics who believe Jesus is a myth.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 03:07 pm
@Greatest I am,
You are viewing these teachings through a very narrow and biased lens. You ignore all the good they have brought to humanity.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 03:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
I see Jesus as an archetypal good man. More like what Joseph Campbell called a hero od 1,000 faces.

My God! We agree.

And yet you refuse to accept that the teachings of this "good man" might have benefited humanity.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That puts you at odds with a lot of Gnostics who believe Jesus is a myth.

That is what I just said. He is just another hero of 1000 faces who are all myths.

Did you follow the link?

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You are viewing these teachings through a very narrow and biased lens. You ignore all the good they have brought to humanity.

You are viewing these teachings through a very narrow and biased lens. You ignore all the evil they have brought and continue to bring to society with their homophobic and misogynous teachings.

How much of their **** will you eat before gagging?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:

My God! We agree.

And yet you refuse to accept that the teachings of this "good man" might have benefited humanity.

If you only see one Jesus in scriptures then you do not know how to look.
I like the Gnostic Christian and more eastern mystic Jesus.

I do not like the Jesus that the church always quotes and who had nothing new to add to ancient wisdom sayings the he regurgitated. Much of which is arguably immoral.

Here is what I think of the churches Jesus. Add in his immoral no divorce for women and substitutionary punishment policies. Two of his worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

what follows is the Gnostic Jesus whose ways I follow. I have it in an explanation of why we name God I am and mean us.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What is your deepest held; core belief?

I don't know.... but Free Speech is pretty high on the list.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What is your deepest held; core belief?

I don't know.... but Free Speech is pretty high on the list.

Unrestricted, that would be like all of us living in the days of Babble.
You would not know who to believe.
Somewhat like being at a convention of various clergy and other professional liars.

I like a reciprocity rule and so does better than 70% of the population and that may be why some version exists in most religions.

It is not practiced, but it is the preferred number 1 moral tenet.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 04:46 pm
@Greatest I am,
Actually, I haven't ignored, at all, all the evil done in the name of God and various religions, and since I am not a follower of any religion I don't think I can be assumed to have swallowed any of their teachings.

If there is any reliable source of evil on earth it's human nature, not religion.

If there had never been a single religion or any belief in a god or gods there still would have been rape, murder, slavery, war, and all of the other horrors humans have visited upon one another.

Most religions, at their core, inform people how to live with one another in the best of ways. Obviously, not everyone paid attention.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 04:48 pm
@maxdancona,
And as you can see the OP found a way to take shots at it.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 04:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Steven Weinberg wrote:
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil -- that takes religion.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 10:32 am
@maxdancona,
A glib comment masquerading as something profound.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 01:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Actually, I haven't ignored, at all, all the evil done in the name of God and various religions, and since I am not a follower of any religion I don't think I can be assumed to have swallowed any of their teachings.

If there is any reliable source of evil on earth it's human nature, not religion.

If there had never been a single religion or any belief in a god or gods there still would have been rape, murder, slavery, war, and all of the other horrors humans have visited upon one another.

Most religions, at their core, inform people how to live with one another in the best of ways. Obviously, not everyone paid attention.

How to live with there own while hating all others. FMPOV. As well as from my favorite guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

I agree that even without religions we would have conflict, but not nearly as much. That is impossible to confirm, but the fact that statistics are quite clear that the less religious a country is, the more peaceful and law abiding it will be. A quick look at the U.S., a Christian nation is less peaceful and more war loving than most seems to confirm the stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

All intentional evil is done by humans, on that I can agree, but we are forced to do most of that due to evolution that demands we compete and when we do, we automatically create victims or losers to those competitions who will think evil has befallen them. I have a longish report on this if you do not see the process and truth of what I put.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 01:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And as you can see the OP found a way to take shots at it.

Religions are a huge target given the harm their homophobic and misogynous teachings continue to do to society.

Those who do not try to reduce that harm are not moral people as for the evils of religions to grow, all good and moral people need do is not takes as many shots at that foul beast as we can.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 01:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

A glib comment masquerading as something profound.

I see you cannot form an argument against the notion.

Cowards can never be moral.

Regards
DL
0 Replies