A Godly, complete plan of this universe,would increase angst

Ray

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:58 pm
If there is a complete, laid out plan of this universe, then would not that diminish the responsibilities we all bear? People would be saying that a certain cruel events happened as part of the plan, etc. I think that thinking this way would increase a person's angst (at least it kind of did for me), and almost as if sees people as objects of a plan that no matter what you do, it would be according to the plan...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 555 • Replies: 5
No top replies

val

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 02:36 am
Re: A Godly, complete plan of this universe,would increase a
Ray

If there was such a plan, you would be nothing more than a pawn in a chess game. What is the moral responsibility of a pawn? None.
If at least we knew the rules! In order to change them, of course.

But, you know, if there is a plan, there is the master of the plan. The GREAT ALMIGHTY PLAYER. And not very smart. How can anyone that is not a imbecile enjoy the same show since billions of years? And knowing the end! And without pauses for a whiskey - or commercials.

Ray, if there was a plan, I think the master of the plan has left already, because the show is so boring! In this case, we remain on stage, saying the stupid dialogues of an argument we don't understand, and to an empty room.

In my opinion, the problem is not the master of the plan. Is that janitor that always comes in the end to clean the theatre and remove the marionettes.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 06:54 pm
lol, nice analogy.

I also don't think that there's a plan, but when I look at how the universe was made out of a singularity, it's almost as if there was one. Was.....
I don't like the whole idea of a plan or a pre-destiny at all.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:28 pm
To the contrary, I think if we really had no control over anything, we'd be more resigned - because it's all going to happen anyway, and we might as well make the most of it. There's much more angst involved when you start thinking that you can make a difference if you really wanted to, or you could have prevented something from happening if you had only done x.

When you're procrastinating writing a paper, and you get past the point at which you know there's no way you can finish it, it suddenly gets a lot easier to not do anything. You might even get work done, since you know that it can't be finished by tommorrow, so you don't have to try to make the deadline anymore.

There's a lot of comfort in knowing. The angst is from not knowing.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:29 pm
And yes, I am procrastinating writing a paper now. *frets*
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 04:43 am
What if there is a plan and you're left out of the loop? I find that to be the most likely scenario.
0 Replies