A2K avatar collage project

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:20 pm
I thought that I would start a seperate thread for this to keep those who are interested up-to-date as to my progress.

Well, as mentioned in another thread, the main criteria for picking someone's avatar was going to be:
  • Active poster
  • Or, interesting avatar
  • Or, I included you because I wanted to
  • Or, "other circumstances"

I've been slaving away for several hours combing various threads and have so far (as of this post) come up with 143 avatars for various reasons. I've got more than enough material to start this little project.

I will now start to work putting them together and by tonight see some sign of my work, albeit "in rough". Please remember that. Comments positive or negative are fine by me. More importantly, if you see that I have missed somebody that I should include (for whatever reason), just say so.

Stay tuned in.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,518 • Replies: 171
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:47 pm
I guess I don't get it. Click what annoying ad?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:07 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I guess I don't get it. Click what annoying ad?

Yahoo GeoCities puts an ad off to oneside. The site is free, so I guess I can't complain.

This ad can be clicked all the way to the right by clicking the little tab marked with >>. This tab is right next to the ad scroll bar. See it?

Click that, and it moves away.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:09 pm
I don't see an ad...
and nothing happens when I click >>>>.

And under that I see your #1 collage. Am I suppose to be seeing an avatar collage now?

Confuzled.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:14 pm
If there's any other questions about the site, please ask.

Anyway, I have made good progress tonight, if anyone would like to check. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:15 pm
Ok, hang on, I will check again....

Click this link and check, please....

<deleted>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
Sorry, I missed that I was supposed to scroll down, beg pardon. Yes, good progress. <never did see an ad..>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:19 pm
Alternatively, I'll post it here, but it will change tomorrow....

So, here is a temporary update.

<deleted and moved to end of thread>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:20 pm
As you can see, you are prominently placed.... :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:21 pm
I noticed that you didn't include me. It's okay, I'm not hurt...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:22 pm
kickycan wrote:
I noticed that you didn't include me. It's okay, I'm not hurt...

Kicky, you don't have to be hurt. You are in the list. I've only got 1/3 of the avatars up....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:23 pm
Pacco smiles...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:25 pm
Yay!!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:27 pm
woopee,
i like it! kicky's missing in there, but i'm sure he'll make it. we're all gonna make it!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:16 am
Well, I'm pleased that the initial reaction seems to be positive so far. Please remember that the work is only in the first stages. Right now, I'm working with 144 avatars and about 1/3 of them are on the canvas. So, wait a couple more days and you'll probably see yourself there.

When all 144 are up, I will see how much room I have left. Perhaps more will go on.

Also, the size and positions of the images are not set. I can still move them around at will, and probably will make some adjustments.

When the final piece is completed, I think I will make it a bit bigger. That could mean a little bit of scrolling, but think it will be worth it. Either that or viewers can go F11 on their keyboard and get a full screen image.

Osso, I think why you may not have seen the ad may be due to your resolution setting (I think). Most websites use a setting of 800 x 600 pixels for a normal view. If there's some other reason, perhaps someone can correct me on that point.

Until tomorrow then....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 06:10 am
Oooh, nice! Once you finish it, would you have any problem if I copied it? Your collage would be great hanging over my computer!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 06:23 am
This reminds me of superJuly's wonderful Christmas tree. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:34 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Oooh, nice! Once you finish it, would you have any problem if I copied it? Your collage would be great hanging over my computer!

No, none at all! As a matter of fact, I would find this an honor that someone thought enough of it to do this! Very Happy

I have a paper one that I did back 1993 hanging in our computer room, too. It looks great, if you don't mind me saying so.

Just wait when this one is done. I think it will be good....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:35 am
msolga wrote:
This reminds me of superJuly's wonderful Christmas tree. Very Happy

I wish I had seen this. I hope mine will be as good.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:37 am
Here we go....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K avatar collage project
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:18:06