husker

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:45 am
yeah right! agreed CJ
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:44 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Reyn, you shouldn't be hurt by the complaint of one
person. Look there are so many people here who appreciate your work, just focus on that Wink

Uhmmm, it's actually a bit more involved than that, but I don't really want to rehash the past by discussing it in detail. It's a sore point with me, as I was very active on another site and, for various reasons, things didn't work out as planned. People criticize and lash out at those in charge. I ran some programs and was a moderator. I tend to withdraw from activities if I've had some trouble. So, it's a self-preservation thing. Thanks kindly for the sentiments though. The encouragement is appreciated. I don't always shrug things off as well as I should.

Like I said in my previous post, I'm focussing on my present work and getting a lot of satisfaction from that.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 03:04 pm
Dont let them reyn on your parade (pardon the
pun!) Great a2k collage and let us see your new
work when you are ready!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 07:30 pm
shepaints wrote:
Dont let them reyn on your parade (pardon the pun!)

Sorry to spoil your fun, but 'Reyn' is not pronounced as "rain". It's like the bird, "wren".

shepaints wrote:
let us see your new work when you are ready!

Here it is:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 08:01 pm
I particulary like image number 3. The way that is surrounded by the other images has a nethereal quality about it that juxtaposes it's place in the general feel of the overall picture. Nice work.
:-)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 08:05 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid: To clarify, I think the collage that was complained about was a collage of actual images of A2K posters. That was the "people collage." He removed that upon the complaint. The removal of the "avatar collage" came later, and involved an issue with someone else linking to a website -- this was on a different thread -- and Reyn removed the link to his site to avoid any possible problems. I hope that is accurate; Reyn please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think there will be any complaints with the wonderful avatar collage remaining in this thread.

You're the maple leaf up top, right?

Thanks, Ticomaya, for clarifying that for me. I was obviously thinking of the other thread. Still, not nice that Reyn had to remove it. Nice to see that people can be nice about correcting somebody when they need corrected Very Happy

Yes, I was the maple leaf. Reyn moved me from the bottom on the first collage to the top on his final Laughing Now I have a different Avatar Sad
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 08:51 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I particulary like image number 3. The way that is surrounded by the other images has a nethereal quality about it that juxtaposes it's place in the general feel of the overall picture. Nice work.

Thanks, 'trep'! You're not the only one. I sent my stuff to the fellow that runs this site:
http://www.pabulumpix.com/
He says he liked them, too, with his favourites #1 and #3.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 06:45 am
i really like #5. I've always been impressed with the actual image being within the image...

always. nice work dude. nice.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 08:46 am
Thank you! That's just part of it though. The most important image in that picture (to me) is in the right-hand corner. The pic within a pic is just part of the overall image. Very Happy
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 04:00 pm
Reyn wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Thanks, 'trep'! You're not the only one. I sent my stuff to the fellow that runs this site:
http://www.pabulumpix.com/
He says he liked them, too, with his favourites #1 and #3.

How about that! Laughing You may recall that I have mentioned that number 1 was my favourite of all.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:08 am
Reyn, just for interest's sake, are all these collages
created only on the computer, no material art work
at all?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:25 am
shepaints wrote:
Reyn, just for interest's sake, are all these collages
created only on the computer, no material art work
at all?
My work is collage-like, but more accurately, should be called "photomontages", by the way.

Yes, they are all created on the computer with photo editing software. About 10 years ago, I used to just work with paper, but good material was hard to come by. I gave up the hobby, but I revived it again earlier this year when I bought myself some software.

Thanks for the interest.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:37:00