Wendy's New Finger Food

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:42 pm
HORROR!!! Gross gross gross!!!

Woman Eating Chili Bites Into Human Finger

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - A woman's meal at a Wendy's restaurant brought a whole new meaning to the term ``finger food.'' The woman bit into a portion of a human finger while eating a bowl of chili Tuesday night at the San Jose restaurant, Santa Clara County health officials said Wednesday.

The woman, who asked officials not to identify her, immediately spit out the finger and warned other diners to stop eating, witnesses said.

``Initially she did put this object in her mouth and did bite down on it and wasn't sure exactly what it was,'' Santa Clara County Health Officer Dr. Martin Fenstersheib said at a news conference. ``She's doing OK. Initially she was a bit grossed out it was described to me, and vomited a number of times.''

Fenstersheib said the finger had been cooked at a high enough temperature to kill any viruses.

Officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 3-8-inches long and a half-inch piece of fingernail was also found. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail.

Health investigators seized all of the ingredients at the restaurant and are tracing them back to their manufacturer. They believe the finger got into the chili at an earlier stage.

``We have no evidence of any accident within the employees at the facility itself,'' said Ben Gale of the Santa Clara County Health Department. ``We asked everybody to show us they have 10 fingers and everything is OK there.''

The restaurant has had only one minor health violation stemming from a leaky vent, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

``Food safety is of utmost importance to us,'' Wendy's spokesman Joe Desmond said in a statement. ``We are cooperating fully with the local police and health departments with their investigation. It's important not to jump to conclusions. Here at Wendy's we plan to do right by our customers.''
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,372 • Replies: 30
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:43 pm
Aaaawesoome, dude!!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:45 pm
On your way to Wendy's now?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:47 pm
Oh yeah.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:49 pm
Order me a spicy cajun breast would ya?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:50 pm
:shock;

bulllSHIT!
no WAY!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:51 pm
It's not a hoax!!!

I mean maybe it will turn out to be at some point, or maybe it's an early april fool's joke, but real news organizations are reporting it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
http://news.google.com/news?q=wendy's+finger&hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
sozobe wrote:
It's not a hoax!!!

I mean maybe it will turn out to be at some point, or maybe it's an early april fool's joke, but real news organizations are reporting it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....!

That's why I freaked. I don't usually fall for crap like this. I still think the McDonalds chicken head was a hoax....I am hoping this is too.....this is way more disgusting than a chicken head that was fried up.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:58 pm
Mmmm...chicken head.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
Ok,
this just cements my long standing decision to NOT eat fast food....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
Sounds like they may want to check the meat packing plants for any workers that recently became "widowed."

Sounds so... Soprano or Fargo. Gawd, remember the scene with the tree shredder? Freaked me out!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
kickycan wrote:
Mmmm...chicken head.

The food kicky, not the girl. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:07 pm
so how could this ' finger ' go un noticed?
I mean, you KNOW when you loose a damn finger.
So, someone looses a finger, it falls into batter, or chicken parts etc.. NOONE notices the BRIGHT FRESH blood on this and continues to bake, pack, and ship it?
The person who lost thier finger doesnt draw attention to the fact that thier finger is MISSING?
And if they did, WHY were things not STOPPED in this plant to FIND IT?!!!!!!
ggrrrr.... nasty fast food companies.. i dont see how anyone can eat there.. ( mumble mumble )
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:08 pm
squinney wrote:
Sounds like they may want to check the meat packing plants for any workers that recently became "widowed."

Sounds so... Soprano or Fargo. Gawd, remember the scene with the tree shredder? Freaked me out!

I just saw Fargo again last night...once again I have to say...aaaaawesoome dude!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:09 pm
"It take all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:21 pm
Wendy's always wins chili competitions hands down.

Roger Ebert gives Wendy's chili one thumb up.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:24 pm
Barf.

I haven't gone there since the news broke, that's for sure. I feel bad that it's Wendy's of all possible fast food places though, they're based in Columbus and do lots of good things. Read that their sales are way down... duh.

Does anyone know anything more about WHO the finger came from??
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:25 pm
It figures. I own Wendy's stock.

The stock price is off by more than just a single digit.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 12:22 am
This woman may be crazy. I just heard on the radio that investigators suspect that she may planted it in her chilli...
0 Replies