Anybody follow Kanye?

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 08:58 am
Me neither

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 09:21 am
@edgarblythe,
That idea makes me sick to my stomach. So... no.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:39 am
But young black men do.

Approval rate for Trump is up 34%.
Real Music

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:51 am
Kanye West Donald Trump Cold Open
(Saturday Night Live)

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:01 pm
@Real Music,
one narcissist meets the narcissist -in-chief.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:34 pm
@farmerman,
Support Mental Health
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nope.

Not a big fan of hiphop or Kanye the performer.

However it is quite telling that since he expressed his support of Trump he has been referred to as:

1) A "negro," repeatedly, by other blacks
2) An "Uncle Tom"
3) Insane, by blacks and whites
4) Sambo
5) And other choice insults

It's pretty disgusting.
Real Music

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Here is another disgusting moment by that bastard Kayne West.
By the way, this disgusting action by Kanye occurred back in 2009.
Kanye West was shun and criticized by everyone for this crap,
just as he should have been.
During this emotional and joyous moment of Taylor Swift accepting her award, that bastard Kanye West had the audacity to go on that stage and do what he did to Taylor Swift. And Kanye dumb ass stunt also embarrassed Beyoncé in the process.
I just wanted to point out that we, (as in the public), have previously shun Kanye for something he did and say back in 2009.
Kanye also got boo'd off the stage as he should have.

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 06:52 pm
@Real Music,
That girl can take care a herself. She;s quite clever at the put-down
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 07:27 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Support Mental Health

this

he's been open about his problems for a while now

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/laurenstrapagiel/kanye-west-talks-about-bipolar-disorder-on-his-new-album

https://people.com/music/kanye-west-fine-around-kids-would-never-damage-them/

Quote:
October 04, 2018 01:15 PM
Kanye West, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, recently confirmed he’s “off of medication” amid a difficult time in his life.

Quote:
In June, West opened up about his mental health during a radio interview and said, “I had never been diagnosed until I was 39.” After clarifying that he was diagnosed with a “mental condition,” he shared: “But like I said on the album, it’s not a disability, it’s a superpower.”

Quote:
“It happens every fall as we get close to the anniversary of his mom’s death,” the insider said.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 09:27 am
@Real Music,
I agree that his antics that night were shameful.

I suppose that's justification for "liberals" to call him Uncle Tom, a negro, and Sambo.
engineer

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
His actions that night were not called for, but he had a point and he was angry at the music industry once again overlooking performances by minorities. That's not to say I agree with what he did, but the reality that year was that Swift won with a decent, workman like video. It wasn't anything special in terms of music or video, but it was solid. Beyonce lost with a video that became a worldwide sensation, was done by flash mobs and was a predominate feature in the first season of teenage TV hit Glee. I doubt any video received as much attention since Michael Jackson's Thriller. Kanye wasn't the only person scratching his head when Swift, who was the newest "it" girl won.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 12:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Not justification, permissibility among the members of the ethnic group he belongs to, political leanings notwithstanding.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 02:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
No one is “permitted” to use racial insults.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 02:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, in certain circumstances, among certain groups of people it is.
thack45

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
I read recently he has since claimed to have been misdiagnosed

[edit]

He was "sleep deprived" . . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Months after telling the world that he suffered from bipolar disorder — and even referencing it on the cover his latest album, Ye, back in June — Kanye West has said that he was “misdiagnosed” with the condition. The revelation came during a bizarre meeting with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office on Thursday afternoon.

https://people.com/music/kanye-west-tells-donald-trump-misdiagnosed-bipolar-disorder-sleep-deprived/
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 02:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
What else would I expect from a moral relativist?

Of course no black conservative would do it so we won’t ever be able to see what a hypocrite you are...at least as respects this issue
jcboy

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Anybody follow Kanye?

Who?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 04:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, given this country's history in regard to minorities, they are afforded certain leeway.

How am I being a hypocrite?

What's your definition of "black conservative," any Black who wouldn't use those terms? A Black Trumpite who wouldn't use them?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 05:24 pm
@thack45,
yeah
no
he's not well

it first came out a few years back - he went public himself - trying to rescind the dx while off meds is pretty standard
0 Replies