The core of Christianity

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 05:47 pm
Christian teachings and laws, Condensed to one page

Greetings all. As some of you may or may not know I am the Game Master (GM) for a vast role playing world known as Totalwar. Mostly I stick to dead religions however Hindu and Christian religions both play active roles in my game. I am trying to get the basic laws and teachings of the Bible condensed to a one page "cheat sheet" of sorts to help out GM's who need to role play a Christian character but don't have a Bible handy.

Here a few things to keep in mind as you read this. Any time I refer to God, I use the name "The Trinity." This is not out of disrespect but simply because when there are other gods running around and using the terms God and gods can get confusing. All the "gods" exist in the deep space surrounding the galaxy and this region is referred to as Valhalla. I used the internet to help find and locate general laws and teachings as well as to help interpret them. Please tell me if you think I've missed a key law or teaching of Christianity or if you think I've misinterpreted something.

What I have so far is:

Some Basic Teachings from followers of the Trinity

Disclaimer: Please note that the following is only loosely based on any Christian beliefs. It should be used as a element of a roleplaying game. It is not based on nor should it be used as anyone's actual religious beliefs.

Followers of the trinity base their beliefs on a translation of the bible. Steps were taken to insure this was the most accurate version of the original texts. Some of the steps taken included pilgrimages into Valhalla to speak with the Trinity as well as various "object read" spells used on ancient texts in order to draw out meaning and intent. The result, while not represented in its entirety here, is the accepted version and is sanctioned as the will of the Trinity by both secular and non-secular scholars.

The Ten Commandments of Jehovah

One, The Trinity, is the one true God and no others should be worshiped before the Trinity.

Two, There are many false gods and idols. In bowing to them you disgrace the name of the Trinity.

Three, Do not disgrace the names of the Trinity or use them lightly.

Four, You may labor many days, but take time to rest and to honor The Trinity.

Five, Just as you show honor to The Trinity, your family in heaven, show honor to your family here.

Six, The Trinity has a time for everyone to pass into death. Do not send someone to the house of the lord before their time.

Seven, Just as you must honor your family, you must also honor those whom you take into your family. Honor your mate and honor the mates of others.

Eight, The Trinity has given you great gifts. Do not disgrace those gifts by stealing.

Nine, What you see is one of the many gifts from The Trinity, do not disgrace that gift by lying.

Ten, Enjoy the gifts the The Trinity have given you and do not envy the gifts given to others.

Teachings of The Son, and of The Father

* Before you can serve The Trinity, you must be reconciled with brothers and sisters, and then come and offer your gifts. None are perfect, forgive others and the Trinity will forgive you.

* Seek to serve The Trinity first, all your other needs will be met through fulfilling your service.

* Know, Worship, Revere, Serve, Praise, Trust and Love the Trinity as well as all things of The Trinity. Give back to the Trinity with the gifts it has given you including your own life. Hear the Word of The Trinity and Do it.

* Be gentle, for they will inherit the earth. Be merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Be peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great

* Those who seek to preserve their life will perish, however those who give their life to The Trinity will live in heaven. Those who seek to end their hunger and quench their thirst by getting drunk on wine, or gluttonous with food will perish. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Only those who hunger and thirst to serve The Trinity, will be filled.

* Let the light of your faith shine before others, that they may see your good works, and glorify The Trinity. However, do not do the will of The Trinity or pray loudly to gain the favor of others. Give your gifts anonymously. Pray quietly. Those who humble themselves will be exalted, those who exalt themselves will be humbled.

* Do not judge others, only the Trinity, who sees all thoughts and actions is worth to judge. All commit sins, in their body and mind, all must ask forgiveness.

* Love your enemies, bless the ones that curse you, do good to the ones that hate you, and pray for the ones which try to harm, use, and persecute you.

* Only make vows to The Trinity. Only the Trinity, who controls all things, can make or break your vow. Do not make vows to others. Only say yes or no.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 501 • Replies: 4
No top replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:34 pm
The 10 Commandments are the Protestant version.
Other precepts include the 2 Greatest Commandments (Love God and neighbor), the beatitudes, and the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.

The confession of faith is outline in the Apostles' and Nicene Creeds.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:01 pm
I don't know the mechanics of your world, but I would throw in, avoid sorcery (actually in the bible). It would establish some paranoia against traditional magic, which christians would not use.

http://wbsa.logos.com/article.asp?id=7444
0 Replies

Alienman24

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:12 pm
The way I approach magic is that only "gods" known as Energy Based Beings (or Ebbs) can create spells. Since most Ebbs are "false gods" that seek worship it makes sense that the bible would be against magic. Christian characters are discouraged from using magic since, if they want new spells, they will be tempted to worship false idols. Thanks for the input, and keep the comments coming. I'll incorporate both your ideas.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:14 pm
bookmarking
0 Replies