A2k is becoming boorish. How do I stop subscribing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 868 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 05:30 am
Yes, I too have noticed a bit less civility as of late. But there are many threads that still attract the grownups, so you might want to stick with those.

If you are hell bent in leaving, simply cancel any E Mails that you are getting for particular threads. Don't post, and remove A2K off your desktop and/or favorites. That should do it nicely!
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 05:36 am
I will not be using the site in future and so was wishing to cancel my subscription. I have now discovered how to do that. Funny and sad really, I had never considered such a facility when I sign up.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 12:54 pm
gozmo

Sad you're leaving - I've enjoyed your posts!

I do agree with you, though - there has been an increase in the ignorant, rude and generally unpleasant in the forum - I'm seldom here now.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
The sad truth about it is that no matter where you go on the internet, you will get unruly /discourteous behaviour. That includes things such as newsgroups, too. I think this is because the internet can be a very "anonymous" place. People say things on the internet that they would never say face-to-face to another person. It's the nature of the beast.

I will say this: A2K is by far a better place to be than any other similar site. By far! Anything untoward here is tame in comparison. That doesn't excuse it, of course, but to be driven out of a site that you enjoy isn't right either. You're always going to have your "turkeys". You just got to "pick and chose" your battles. Stay away from threads where there's nonsense going on, etc.

It's one thing to have fun if everyone goes along with it. It's another thing to be the butt of someone's joke if it truly is "unfunny" or just plain rude. I'm all in favour of clean fun that doesn't hurt anyone. I'm also in favour of showing respect for your fellow posters.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
gozmo, would you explain exactly what has happened to make you want to leave? I am curious.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 06:33 pm
Letty, this is the thread that made Gozmo decide to leave, I believe:

Convicted sex-offen/ teacher to wed victim after jailrelease

Apparently, dlowan and I were the metaphorical nails in the coffin.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 06:54 pm
Gozmo, I to am sorry to see you leave. I do have one suggestion: go back and read your posts and compare their content and attitude to those of other posters who angered you. There is always at least two sides to every story.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 07:05 pm
My goodness. I read through that entire thread. As for my opinion, on the woman and the boy, I have none. I don't think that you and Deb were actually amiss, nimh, nor do I think that gozmo was either. Everyone brings to this forum his own ideas based on the folkways and mores of any given time. I guess what matters are the legal ramifications. That no longer, seems to be a problem.

Lack of credentials is what brings me to this site. As I once told someone, "you know what you know, and I know what I know."
0 Replies

fourteen

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
hey guyz Smile
0 Replies