About Prince's William and Harry.

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 05:34 pm
Funny Cartoon
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:33 pm
Thank you for editing the name of the dental student, CG.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:14 pm
Prince William accepts Camilla with a kiss

Saturday, 18 June , 2005, 17:03

London: Prince William publicly kissed his new stepmother, Camilla Parker Bowles at a charity polo match in Gloucestershire.

According to The Telegraph, it is seen as Williams' seal of approval to his father's marriage. Prince William kissed both of her cheeks as he came up to greet her. She presented the Burberry Cup to the home side as she presided over the event.

William was forced to concede defeat in a charity polo match with the Highgrove team, which included the Prince of Wales. Despite a last-minute goal by Prince Charles, however, the team lost 5-4 to the home side.

AIN
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:25 pm
June 18, 2005

William to follow royal line into the Army
By Andrew Pierce and Alexandra Frean
Assessment at Sandhurst comes as the Prince prepares for public duties

PRINCE WILLIAM has taken the first step towards becoming an officer in the Armed Forces.
The Times has learnt that William spent Tuesday at the Army's Regular Commissions Board in Westbury, Wiltshire, being assessed for a place at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

The decision to follow his brother, Prince Harry, into the Army will delight his father and grandfather, who have had military careers.

William, who graduates from St Andrews University on Thursday, will also carry forward his late mother's legacy. The Prince, who is 23 on Tuesday, has received more than 230 written requests from charities anxious to have his name on their letterheads. The Times has learnt that William approached Centrepoint, the charity for young homeless people in London, which was a favourite of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Centrepoint was one of six charities the Princess continued to support after she announced her partial withdrawal from public life in 1996. She made the speech relinquishing her other charitable duties at Centrepoint only months after taking William, then 13, and Harry on a late-night visit to one of its shelters.

William, who served food to homeless young men and women, made clear to his father and advisers that he wanted to carry on his mother's work at the centre. The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales will attend William's graduation ceremony on Thursday. He leaves St Andrews after four years with a 2:1 degree in geography.

With the Queen celebrating her 80th birthday next year, William will be expected to shoulder an increasing number of royal engagements. The Prince, who is being advised by the former SAS officer Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, his first private secretary, will take on only a handful of charitable causes.

It will be an informal role at Centrepoint which may turn into the patron's role when he is older. A friend said: "He wants to reflect not just his interests but the interests of both his parents. Diana loved Centrepoint and the Prince of Wales has been engaged for 30 years in helping disadvantaged young people through the Prince's Trust."

Clarence House declined to be drawn on any of William's plans but the revelation that he has undergone the first stage of officer-training assessment is the clearest sign that he is destined for Sandhurst.

William's uncle, the Duke of York, was the last royal to see active service. In the 1982 Falklands conflict he served as a helicopter pilot in the Royal Navy.

The Prince of Wales served for five years in the Royal Navy, rising to the rank of lieutenant in command of his own ship, the minehunter HMS Bronington. The Duke of Edinburgh served on battleships during the Second World War. He was appointed first lieutenant of the destroyer HMS Wallace at 21, taking part in the Allied landings in Sicily.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:36 am
LONDON (AFP) - Prince William, the second in line to the British
throne, celebrated his 23rd birthday as his grandmother Queen
Elizabeth II prepared to return to normal duties after catching a
bad cold, aides said.

William, who is due to graduate from St. Andrews University in
Scotland on Thursday, was spending Tuesday privately, said a
spokewoman for Clarence House, the office of his father Prince
Charles.

With his student days behind him, the young prince is scheduled to
jet off to New Zealand next week to join the British Lions on their
rugby tour and carry out his first solo engagements on behalf of the
queen.

He will take part in the Lions' training sessions and cheer them on
at their second and third tests matches against the New Zealand All
Blacks.

William was also due to represent the queen in Wellington and
Auckland at wreath-laying and memorial services marking the end of
World War II.

It will be the first time he has officially represented his
grandmother and his first official engagement abroad.

The queen, meanwhile, was scheduled to return to "normal duties"
after cancelling several engagements since the weekend due to a bad
cold, said a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace, her London residence.

"She will be back to her normal duties I believe tomorrow," the
spokeswoman told AFP.

The 79-year-old monarch canceled several engagements, including a
visit to the military academy where her other grandson Prince Harry
is training, after a sore throat over the weekend developed into a
bad cold.

The spokeswoman declined to give any update on the queen's condition
Tuesday.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/williammysmile/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/willwales2-01.jpg?gr3fBvCBQEE6RYDa
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:50 am
British royal PRINCE WILLIAM fears he will never fulfil his own
dreams, because his rapidly increasing royal duties are taking over
his life.

The 22-year-old is desperate to visit America, Spain, Portugal and
India before he joins his younger brother, PRINCE HARRY, at the
Sandhurst Military Academy in January (06), to begin his public role
as the heir-to-the-throne.

But his father, PRINCE CHARLES, allegedly wants his son to begin his
royal responsibilities as soon as he graduates from Scotland's St
Andrew's University this summer (05) which means William has little
time left to fulfil his own goals.

William tells British newspaper the DAILY MAIL, "I have so many
things I want to do, and I am scared - really scared - that I won't
have enough time to see them through."

A close friend adds, "The Prince Of Wales thinks it is important
that William is not seen swanning around the globe while he waits to
join Sandhurst, and thinks charity work is the perfect solution.

"William often moans that his father 'nags' him about taking on more
public engagements, but this time he actually agrees.

"Ideally, he would like to join Harry in continuing their mother's
work on the AIDS threat in Africa, and has even talked about taking
up her anti-landmine crusade.

"The difficulty for William is that in doing this he will thrust
himself into the limelight, when all he wants to do is to keep his
head down. He is really torn."
0 Replies

wildirishrose128

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 11:00 am
Prince William
i like Prince William not because of his looks nor his title or his family. I like him because he seems to be a different kind of Prince. There's obviously more to him than meets the eye. He is concerned with what is going on in modern common british society. He, much like his mother (may she rest in peace) is very concerned with the homeless and makes it a point in many of his interviews to bring this matter to light. It is a topic in Britain that is normally glossed over, which he believes needs to be dealt with.He wants to help people being himself, not just with his title. I have also noted that he tries to protect the privacy of the girls he is dating (and i say girls because i do not believe in any way that he is gay) and i respect him for that. Granted i have never had any personal encounter with him but call it an internal instinct or whatever you believe, i think that one day, if he keeps on the straight and narrow and stays as level headed as he is now, he will make for a very good king.
0 Replies

wildirishrose128

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 11:00 am
Prince William
i like Prince William not because of his looks nor his title or his family. I like him because he seems to be a different kind of Prince. There's obviously more to him than meets the eye. He is concerned with what is going on in modern common british society. He, much like his mother (may she rest in peace) is very concerned with the homeless and makes it a point in many of his interviews to bring this matter to light. It is a topic in Britain that is normally glossed over, which he believes needs to be dealt with.He wants to help people being himself, not just with his title. I have also noted that he tries to protect the privacy of the girls he is dating (and i say girls because i do not believe in any way that he is gay) and i respect him for that. Granted i have never had any personal encounter with him but call it an internal instinct or whatever you believe, i think that one day, if he keeps on the straight and narrow and stays as level headed as he is now, he will make for a very good king.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:26 pm
And that's what he wants the public to think.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 12:17 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2005/09/11/nbowles11b.jpg

"Young brother I'm King Author playing in the rain he he he."
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
wildirishrose

He will never be king because he is the illegitimate son of Diana and James Hewitt.

sorry to disappoint you

HE WHO WOULD RULE BY THE GENE MUST BE GENETICALLY TESTED AS RULE
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 04:52 pm
No More Harry Wild Parties
Hooray Harry is not invited to prince's 21st

MIKE MERRITT AND WILLIAM LYONS

HE HAS partied long and hard, taking in a fight with a photographer and an unfortunate choice of fancy dress along the way. But, if royal sources are to be believed, Prince Harry has finally grown up.

Harry's 21st birthday this Thursday will be a deliberately low-key, sober affair. And while a uniform is to feature, thankfully, it will be that of a Sandhurst officer cadet.

Palace insiders say Charles has insisted that one of the most important birthdays of his second son's life must stay out of the headlines.

If the plan works, there will be no images of Hooray Henries, outlandish hedonism or general drunkeness in the tabloids on Friday morning.

Instead, the prince is expected to have a quiet drink of his father's own-label Highgrove wine with a handful of close friends and his South African girlfriend Chelsy Davy.

But while the celebrations are due to be muted, it is understood the gifts will be lavish. Insiders say Davy has splashed out on a luxury watch and photo-shoot with one of the world's top photographers for her royal boyfriend.

An aide told Scotland on Sunday: "Harry has grown up a lot in the last year. I think Sandhurst and the Nazi uniform blunder have really matured him."

The source added: "Harry is a really honest soul who does give things his best shot. But he is also very sensitive. He has been hurt by some of the negative media coverage of his past."

Over-indulging on his 21st is not an attractive option. Harry will be required to put in a full day's work at Sandhurst on Thursday and Friday.

The prince is said to be finding the process of becoming a professional soldier both mentally and physically exhausting, and a hangover would only add to the misery.

The 'real' birthday celebrations are likely to have taken place yesterday at the wedding in Henley-on-Thames of Harry's stepbrother, Tom Parker Bowles.

An insider said: "It made more sense to double up. Many of the royals were at the wedding anyway."

Author and royal watcher Roddy Martine said that in recent years the Royal Family had learned from previous media mistakes and would want this celebration to pass with as little fuss as possible.

Martine said: "They have been very successful in recent years in managing their publicity despite a few very public mistakes. They will be keen not to repeat that with Prince Harry this year.

"But, of course, one has to remember that Prince Harry is now very much part of the army and therefore he has to behave responsibly when the world is watching.

"But like most army officers, I imagine, out of the spotlight he will let his hair down."

Davy is believed to have bought the prince a £5,000 Rolex Yachtmaster watch for his birthday and has also ordered a surprise photo-shoot with Princess Diana's favourite photographer, Mario Testino. According to sources, she wants a portrait of herself and Harry.

The pair have just spent a break in Botswana's Okavango Delta with a group of friends. "There was lots of partying then. Harry was playing tambourine, with his pals playing guitars and lots of singalongs around the barbecue," said an insider.

Presents from Prince Charles and Prince William have been kept under wraps at this stage. But one insider said polo-mad Harry may get a new pony from his father.

Although the birthday is being kept low-key, a coin featuring Prince Harry is to be issued by the Royal Mint in official recognition of the occasion.

A portrait of the prince in a sweater and open-necked shirt features on the reverse of the commemorative £5 coin, which also displays his coat of arms.

But despite the careful management, Harry's birthday has not escaped controversy.

In what has been perceived as a snub to the terrestrial broadcasters, in particular the BBC, which has previously conducted royal interviews, the prince agreed to be interviewed by Sky News to mark the milestone.
0 Replies

SlotyPrincess

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:16 pm
W.I.L.L.I.A.M.: Wonderful Individual Luxuriating in Loving and Intense, Arousing Massage
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:45 pm
Perhaps some of the over-the-top gushing female fans of the princes should check out the Gotti Show thread. They could meet their American counterparts...

(What does that say about the U.S. Are the Gottis our royal family? Food for thought...)
0 Replies

SlotyPrincess

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 08:14 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Perhaps some of the over-the-top gushing female fans of the princes should check out the Gotti Show thread. They could meet their American counterparts...

(What does that say about the U.S. Are the Gottis our royal family? Food for thought...)
Ewwe, grose, these guys are ugly.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
Sloty_Princess wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

Ewwe, grose, these guys are ugly.
ok snotty p

they might be ugly but they are not grose.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
What the bloody hell is "grose" supposed to mean . . . does no one else see the irony in the evinced intellectual attainment of the females here wetting their nickers over the pimply-faced princes?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:25 pm
well now, let's see.
the brit royal family is german.
grose could be read as large/big in german.

they're big boys?

Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:27 pm
Dicke . . . Der Dicke Wilhelm . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:37 pm
That was a Prussian (Friedrich Wilhelm II, 1786 - 1797 ) - was he some cousin/uncle/prince consort to the English throne as well?
0 Replies