Keeping the faith kept gunman's captive safe

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:30 am
Keeping the faith kept gunman's captive safe. That's the title of the article concerning Brian Nichols and his taking hostage Ashley Smith. What a wonderful testamony of faith and the Peace that passes understanding. See the full USA Today article:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2005-03-15-purpose-driven-life_x.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:01 am
So, those other people he whacked weren't part of the faithful or what??
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 05:03 am
Free will
I don't know about any of those other people, but it rains on the just and the unjust. Examples: the Columbine Highschool shootings and Cassie Bernal who when asked if she believed in Jesus could have lied but instead she stood for what she believed and was shot in cold blood. The people in the twin towers? We all have been given the freedom to choose right or wrong. In this case Ashley Smith was spared. I feel the word of God was allowed to reach this man before he had a chance to murder another person. It was a tragic thing that happened. I definately do not want to trivialize the deaths of these bystanders. Will something good come out of these people being killed...not sure, but my prayers are with their families Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:37 am
So, when keeping the faith works, it is a testament to its power...when it doesn't work, its just stuff that happens.

Pretty hard to dispute that belief system.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:03 am
God choose who he liked best I guess.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:40 pm
Stuff hapens
Stuff happens to everybody... NO? We are all in one of four camps...1 doing fine, no stuff ahppening. 2 stuff begining to take place in our life. 3 right in the middle of stuff. 4 Finally getting the stuff behind us. You can believe what you want, but if you know God you have peace it these times when stuff happens. Don't know where you want to go with this, I just felt it was a good message in the news when so much bad is happening. Yes the shootings were bad and most people following this story probably hoped the cops would confront this dude and have a big shoot out and save money on a trial. Like I said before stuff happens and there is no understanding to us why it happens to whom it happens and when it happens.
0 Replies