IM GIVING UP ON NATURAL SELECTION

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:02 am
ah, patiodawg, it is so good to see you here..
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:03 am
y tu, tambien...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:28 am
Is that "really" patiodog? WOW! Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:18 am
Ive awakened from a fitful nights sleep. I was being chased by this guy with a buible who kept yelling "READ THIS< READ THIS" so what else could I do?
I kicked im in the scrote
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:01 am
Let me tell you 'bout the goat
Who on A2K you'll note:
He's not so dense -- he'll float,
But in his eye he has a mote.
He knows what's writ by rote
'Bout Noah and his boat.
With his Bible, me he'd smote,
So I kicks him in the scrote.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:14 am
hey dog, good lines.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:04 am
I thought Id revive this thread since it was one that had gone horribly bad by some of the habitues of A2K. I enjoyed the little trip down a 4 year old memory lane
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:11 am
And the opening statement is still relevant today.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:14 am
How long before the dipsomaniacal troll shows up to clog the threads with his oral diarrhea?
patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 07:22 am
@Setanta,
I'm right here, doggy baby. The pub was invaded by ladies and I was forced to flee.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 07:41 am
dont ya just hate it when that happens.

tsk tsk they orta do somfink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 09:37 am
Yeah, by God . . . we should shoot somebody . . .
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:37 pm
@Setanta,
Ever since the format change, ole Real Life has just flat given up on his mission.
Where are all the intermediate fossil bats?
where is the first butterfly? Everything we know about platypi is from a sudden appearnce in the Cretaceous sandstones of what is now the island of Australia.

what about seed plants? (extra credit if you can trace these back)
spendius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 02:33 pm
@farmerman,
We have Dawkins. He's evolving. He runs a few ideas up the flagpole and when one of them, it doesn't matter which, gets him a reward it acts as an operant conditioner and gets him looking up all the well known arguments. Like a carrot with a donkey.

Actually, the reward comes from those who approve of the idea he chose who are themselves being rewarded by seeing their long held prejudices being confirmed by the printed word cobbled together by an "eminent" scientist.

So it's a bit like two donkeys dangling a carrot each to push themselves along the road. Ooooh!! Into the narrow lanes, I can't stumble or stay put. Mutually reinforcing operant conditioners. Only he gets the money and the attention. It's a great idea. There's no God. Not very original but it will run and run as long as there is a big enough market of misfits and other woebegones eager to have their superior intellect confirmed by such an authority.

He probably chose his big idea because all the other big ideas had a moat and drawbridge and high walls to scale and they wouldn't let him in on account of his personality defects.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:38 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ever since the format change, ole Real Life has just flat given up on his mission.

He's probably haunting another forum somewhere. I bet they say the same things about him that we did Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:46 pm
@farmerman,
Farmer, I've admired your stamina. I've even thought we should catalog your arguments. The repetitivo is soul excoriating, and I couldn't begin to have the patience you have had.

Hah, I just answered an old old thread as if it were new.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 04:17 am
@ossobuco,
Well, we still have gungasnake, but his attempts at argument are more cartoonish and are easily popped. Real Life used to stick to his core beliefs and try to sound somewhat scientific. His arguments were simply phenomenalogical and he was good at posing the limitations that science has to deal with and he tried to make many of these limitations as fatal flaws.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 05:51 am
@ossobuco,
He's flagging osso. Have you not seen his latest defeatist post on the Creationism will never win thread?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 07:15 am
Obviously, natural selection no l0nger applies to humans, because one cannot otherwise explain the existence of people such as Gunga Dim, Spurious, Big Tex-ass, etc., etc. . . .
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Well, we still have gungasnake, but his attempts at argument are more cartoonish and are easily popped. Real Life used to stick to his core beliefs and try to sound somewhat scientific. His arguments were simply phenomenalogical and he was good at posing the limitations that science has to deal with and he tried to make many of these limitations as fatal flaws.

RL was also fond of oversimplified logic traps like "if creature A becomes creature B, and they can not interbreed, then how can the first B survive with nothing to breed with".

Specious arguments like that are key because they are the main tool being used by Creationists to make their case to the "broad audience". Upon closer inspection, those arguments are flawed, but they sound intuitively persuasive, and as such, are difficult to counter. Science needs to find simple answers to those types of arguments in order to persuade people in debate style formats.