ALL CHS MEMBERS READ ASAP!!!!!

JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:40 am
Ok, they're entitled to their spring break, I guess. I'm not known for my patience though.
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:57 pm
babygirl09 wrote:
i agree with centerburg if you want to say stuff say it to there face, not behind their back. Also when we graduate and hs passes people will relize you girls were right!! luv ya ladies.

pssh girls never say anything to another girls face.... I can't believe you never learned that..... girls are usually all about the backstabbing.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:00 pm
Re: chs
debra hodgkinson wrote:
Very Happy Knock it off, please. It is disheartening to see
what I see on these pages. Freedom of speech, religion, etc.
is a RIGHT. You have abused and cheapened it as well as
your reputations and our school by posting this crap.
I think too highly of all of you... and I DO know who you are...
Keep the peace. Do damage control. Life is short.
Mrs. H.

Mrs. H. all I have to say is you rock.... I'm just upset that I got banned from school. And you're right gossipping over the internet is just retarded.. PEACE OUT from you favorite student HAHa Rolling Eyes SAM
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:03 pm
chsshooter99 wrote:
Thanks for trying to get this resolved because it does make the school, us, and the teachers look bad.

omg.... how does it make the school look bad?..... I think everyone in our school has become closer now...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
Homework, YUCK!

Summer vacation, YAY!!!!
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:07 pm
chsshooter99 wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Hey Mrs. Hodgkinson, do you think you could get all these centerburg students together and teach them capitalization and punctuation rules? They don't need to know all of them. Periods, commas and capitilization of proper nouns will do for now.

Good luck, you will need it.

HAHA
Maybe you didn't do a good job in 8th grade.

Na, you were a fun teacher.

dang right she was.... even though i made it a point to get kicked out every day lol....... good times Embarrassed
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:08 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Homework, YUCK!

Summer vacation, YAY!!!!

RIGHT ON...... I'm not crazy anymore so I can do stuff............................. Evil or Very Mad Shocked :wink: Exclamation Question
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:09 pm
sublime1 wrote:
http://www.cateringbydeangelos.com/images/punch_bowl_small.jpg

I swear it isn't spiked.

much

thats a dissapointment Confused
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 03:12 pm
Re: chs
debra hodgkinson wrote:
Very Happy Knock it off, please. It is disheartening to see what I see on these pages. Freedom of speech, religion, etc. is a RIGHT. You have abused and cheapened it as well as your reputations and our school by posting this crap. I think too highly of all of you... and I DO know who you are... Keep the peace. Do damage control. Life is short.

Mrs. H.

I believe a famous patriot once said, "I may not agree with the crap you post, but I will defend to the death your right to post crap [so long as you abide by the terms of service]."

Maybe I didn't quote it exactly in its original form, but I think you get the idea, Mrs. H.

Perhaps your concerns for protecting the reputation of the school and keeping the peace (after all, kids should be seen and not heard, huh?) can be placed in proper perspective by reviewing the words of the United States Supreme Court:

Quote:
First Amendment rights, applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment, are available to teachers and students. It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate.

TINKER v. DES MOINES SCHOOL DIST., 393 U.S. 503 (1969)

These kids have the right of association; the right to apply for membership and become active members of our forum; the right to express themselves here (so long as they don't violate the terms of service); and the right to debate the issue of whether it is proper or improper for other students to preach the gospel to other students (some of whom are unwilling listeners) during public school hours.

I don't characterize their posts as CRAP nor do I believe they have abused or cheapened anything . . . . but if some people think they are making public fools of themselves . . . . well, I suppose making a fool of oneself is not a right that's reserved for adults only. Smile
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 03:24 pm
that wouldn't work out too well .... teh debate thing.... the oppisition is too weak .... the girls started crying before I even got into what I wanted to say!! Razz
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 03:42 pm
Just a minor nit-picky point here, Ms. Law; this is a PRIVATELY OWNED AND MAINTAINED forum affording public access. Free Speech/First Ammendment provisions have no application pertinent to those who choose to participate in discussions here.

That bein' said, effectively pretty much anybody may say anything here within the parameters established by the Terms of Service. The First Ammendment guarantees the forum's principals and their assigns the right to determine, at their sole discretion, what may or may not be permissable content herein, and to act accordin'ly.

The only right granted the public is the right to choose whether or not to participate here, or on any similar forum, in such manner as to facillitate their continued participation at the option of the forum's principals and assigns.

And all THAT bein' said, what you said was, IMO, pretty well said. Nobody is entitled to tell anybody on this forum to "Shut up".
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:17 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just a minor nit-picky point here, Ms. Law; this is a PRIVATELY OWNED AND MAINTAINED forum affording public access. Free Speech/First Ammendment provisions have no application pertinent to those who choose to participate in discussions here.

That bein' said, effectively pretty much anybody may say anything here within the parameters established by the Terms of Service. The First Ammendment guarantees the forum's principals and their assigns the right to determine, at their sole discretion, what may or may not be permissable content herein, and to act accordin'ly.

The only right granted the public is the right to choose whether or not to participate here, or on any similar forum, in such manner as to facillitate their continued participation at the option of the forum's principals and assigns.

And all THAT bein' said, what you said was, IMO, pretty well said. Nobody is entitled to tell anybody on this forum to "Shut up".

I understand that A2K is privately owned and may offer membership on whatever terms it chooses. Each one of us is free to say whatever we want to say so long as we don't violate the terms of service. I thought I made that clear when revised Nathan Hale's famous quote.

Nevertheless, the students who participate as members of A2K may be subject to discipline in their schools for what they post on this forum. And, in that respect, the First Amendment does INDEED apply. Therefore, when a teacher enters the discussion and informs the students that they are abusing and cheapening the freedom of speech and posting "crap" that damages the reputation of the school, I don't see any harm in doing a little "educating" myself by posting a quote from a leading case on the issue.

[History buffs: I'm confused. Who said, "I might not agree with what you said, but I will defend to the death your right to say it? I don't think it was Nathan Hale, after all. I think he said, "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country." Gosh darn. Now I have to go look up famous historical quotes.]
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:22 pm
I go along with your reasonin' there, Debra_Law. My point was pretty much that tellin' folks to shut up just ain't cool period. A bully's intimidation is a bully's intimidation, regardless whether that bully may or may not have effective authority, and I ain't at all fond of bullies.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
An aside to Debra_Law - I know you and I often disagree, sometimes vigorously. I know too I can be brusque, even abrasive, but please know I happen to think the sort of disagreements you and I have are both stimulatin' and enjoyable. I'm just socially clumsy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:36 pm
Oftentimes attributed to Voltaire, he apparently never made the quote.

Quote:
Voltaire probably never said these exact words. They were written in 1906 by Evelyn Beatrice Hall (pseud. S. G. Tallentyre) in the biography "The Friends of Voltaire". The author did not attribute the words to Voltaire, but used them to sum up Voltaire's attitude:

" 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,' was his attitude now. "
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:39 pm
LOL .... i'm not too fond of bullies..... psh thats sad.... if you're not fond of bullies beat the crap out of them
0 Replies