PM HELP!

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:52 am
I am not sure if this is where I post this...but since I can't find a "help" type spot...I'll put it here. I received a very nice PM...and wanted to respond...but it said I couldn't...I would have to wait...some sort of grace period? Or something like that....

So, anyway...to the person that sent the very nice PM...I would have said somthing very nice (and I'm sure quite clever) back! :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,188 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:56 am
hotsauce- This question has come up again and again. Because of certain problems that A2K was having, a member must meet certain parameters before he can PM. It has nothing to do with you personally, and no, we do not know what the parameters are. The head hamster makes THAT decision.

Apparently, there were people who signed up for A2K, and used the PM feature (often never posting on the forums) for the sole purpose of spamming the site. By not offering the PM feature right away to new members, A2K avoids that problem.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
So, it isn't something you have to request? You just sorta...get it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:01 am
Yup- One day, it will just be there. Since I have been around A2K for a long time, before the regulation was in effect, I don't know if you get a notification or not.
0 Replies

Swift

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:37 am
makes sense to me
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:48 am
I think Phoenix gave you the most important info, but FYI, there is more here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47497

(Oh and the "Help" button is down at the bottom of your screen, next to "Contact Us".)
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:37 am
thanks all!
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 07:29 pm
You aren't the only one with this problem!! I can't PM either and have had no valid reason why. I have plenty of posts at this site. Take a look. I have been trying to get in touch with a net friend of mine. I receive PMs, but cannot reply. I posted a topic about this problem. So far, no one has an adequate answer.

Good luck! You might need it! When you get an answer to the PM question, please e-mail me on the 'how to', of it all. My PM has been blocked too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 07:35 pm
Wildflower, do look at the link Sozobe provided.
PM's are a courtesy of the site, something to appreciate being offered at all.
0 Replies