Europe still beating the drum for America?

Thomas Hayden

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:37 pm
A new friend joins us( you don't need an offensive username to draw our attention. Putting Iran and Israel on the same level, by saying Israel is a threat to Iran, therefore justifying the mullah's nuclear program, is utterly stupid. Where would you prefer to live in? Unless you feel some secret sympathy for terrorists...

A question aside: what if I had chosen as username, for instance demoratsleavetheamericanship? Would the Administrator have allowed it?Even some users tolerated it on the basis that it was within the limits of "free speech" Well, this a good chance to post this good Coulter's line:

Quote:
They simply invoke "free speech," like a deus ex machina to end all discussion. Like the words "diverse" and "tolerance," "free speech" means nothing but: "Shut up, we win." It's free speech (for liberals), diversity (of liberals) and tolerance (toward liberals).
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:53 pm
I agree about the user name.

Expressing your wish of harm for the troops in Iraq nullifies anything else you would want to say.

I am completely against the Iraq war. I believe the troops should be brought home as soon as possible. I still find your username incredibly offensive on a very basic level.

I will support your right to make such offensive statements, but other than that, I will not stand by you in any way.

I have the feeling that most of us, on both ends of the political spectrum, will agree.
0 Replies

username removed 3 18 05

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
Personally, I prefer her call to overthrow Arab governments by force and "convert them all to Christianity." She's one of our great humanists, that Coulter, as well as an authority on the limits of free speech! I happen to think she ought to be beaten into a coma for her insolence and sheer stupidity, but that's just my opinion.

As to demoratsleavetheamericanship, I've no objection. It's corny, sure..but if you identify with it, why not?
0 Replies

username removed 3 18 05

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:57 pm
Hi ebrown

I actually find the DAILY abominations of Bush's Nazi filth--from throwing kids off bridges and laughing while they drown, to beating prisoners to death, to massacring huge numbers of civilians with gleeful indifference---a bit on the offensive side, so it appears we're even.
0 Replies

Thomas Hayden

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:05 pm
You always come up with the magic after 9/11 quote. I do not support everything Coulter says( the current article on her webpage is appalling), but many times she has enough courage to say what many conservatives think when ruthlessly attacked by fanatics like you.
0 Replies

username removed 3 18 05

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:09 pm
Well Thom--I'll have to take your word on that as I generally avoid such childish dreck.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:11 pm
Is it wise to hang what one thinks, though, Thomas, on opposition to the words of fanatics?

Does this not lead to spiralling fanaticism?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:18 pm
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry M. Goldwater
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:42 pm
deathtothetroops wrote:
Well Thom--I'll have to take your word on that as I generally avoid such childish dreck.

If "childish dreck" is what you avoid then I guess you don't read what you write then do you? I thought Dook was a little off, you make him seem sane.

I will say this, it is interesting to read what you say, because it allows all of us the see what a true extremest is and how they work.

Do you really wish to see the death of US troops?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:30 pm
The cruelest punishment for childish attention seekers is to deprive them of what they so sorely need and seek.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:22 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
The cruelest punishment for childish attention seekers is to deprive them of what they so sorely need and seek.

Your right, but it is so hard to do at times.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:01 pm
deathtothetroops wrote:
Given that the United States destroyed democracy in Iran (it has never recovered), and that Iran sits on the doorstep of the nuclear-equipped, rogue state of Israel as well as the recently destroyed country of Iraq, they'd have to be insane NOT to develop a nuclear deterrent.

Maybe so. That won't stop us from bombing their weapons facilities into rubble though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:09 pm
deathtothetroops wrote:
I actually find the DAILY abominations of Bush's Nazi filth

Nazi is a bit strong. You should read up on what the real Nazis did.

deathtothetroops wrote:
from throwing kids off bridges and laughing while they drown,

The Iraqis didn't drown. They swam to the shore. And the soldiers who threw them off the (low) bridge were punished. And the people who were thrown off the bridge were suspected of doing something wrong (I forget what) -- they were not simply people selected at random for a cruel deed.

deathtothetroops wrote:
to beating prisoners to death,

Accidents happen when al-Qa'ida suspects are questioned.

deathtothetroops wrote:
to massacring huge numbers of civilians with gleeful indifference---a bit on the offensive side, so it appears we're even.

Collateral damage happens.

There were no intentional massacres of civilians.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:08 pm
The PNAC paper lists Not Allowing a Competing Power to Arise as like...#2 on their To Do List.

Out of Europe, or anywhere else.

I hadn't come across that exact phrase before.

Power emerges to fill every vaccuum.....and they resolve not to leave a crack open.

It also says nuclear power will not be allowed in Iran and NK. I believe they mean it.
0 Replies

supportourbutchers

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
orally

crap from top to bottom.

but I AM sorry about the "collateral damage" America experienced on 9/11. Granted, it was so trivial compared to the horrors we've visited on others as to be scarcely worth mentioning, but one hates to see innocent civilians slaughtered---even American civilians.
0 Replies

supportourbutchers

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 11:28 am
"Maybe so. That won't stop us from bombing their weapons facilities into rubble though. "

as I say...the Nazis would have found your perspective most congenial.

By the way--the Iraqis thrown from a bridge had, in the GIs own testimony, committed no crime whatsoever. In general, the RED CROSS determined that 70-90% of those rounded up by Bush's scum were com-pletely innocent civilians. An Iraqi DROWN in this incident. His grave was identified and the presiding judge refused to exhume it (as this would seal the deal on a murder conviction, which they didn't want).

Try following the news, instead of making things up. You'll be astonished at what you find there
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 11:43 am
Quote:

Perhaps you should re-read your history of the Nazi era Oralroy; not during the war, but in the decade leading up to it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:55 pm
supportourbutchers wrote:
but I AM sorry about the "collateral damage" America experienced on 9/11.

It isn't collateral damage when civilians are intentionally slaughtered, as in 9/11. Then it is called a war crime and/or a crime against humanity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:58 pm
as I say...the Nazis would have found your perspective most congenial.

Not terribly likely, as my perspective would support bombing them into oblivion.

Try following the news, instead of making things up. You'll be astonished at what you find there

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 02:01 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps you should re-read your history of the Nazi era Oralroy; not during the war, but in the decade leading up to it.

Cycloptichorn

As I recall, some of the first moves against the Jews were taken in the early '30s.

I'd have supported taking out the Nazis from that point on.
0 Replies