Killing As Recreation?

Stradee

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 09:23 pm
Hunting
If people don't wish deer eating their shrubs, or god forbid having their kids mauled by "rogue" animals, they should research where they intend living.

We are the intruders - not the wildlife.

The reality is - laws intended for the protection of wildlife are not being enforced in favor of special interest groups. Bears, coyotes, deer, wolves,
birds, etc. don't carry cash.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 06:22 am
There is no "correct" answer to this. I used to go hunting and enjoyed it for years. I still enjoy pheasant and duck but I no longer hunt for it. Philosophically Im opposed to thje huge beuracracy surrounding the game industry. The argument that state game programs and commissions are supported adequately by hunters fees and equipment taxes etc. is bullcrap. The game commissions are like TV evangelists who demand more and more of our tax resources.
We know farms that raise pheasant for the state game commission. WED stock many of the upland game birds because otherwise theyd be wiped out by now.
If we wanted to drive moose, bear, bobcats,elk and deer to extinction --We can do it. Most states limit hunting opportunities for certain animals by a sort of lottery.

In Canada the hunting spirit is more like what its supposed to be, its a damn annoying hard way to go shopping for tough meat. Nothing more

Buying a dressed pheasant at 3.50 a pound is still more gratifying to me tan wasting an entire day loaded down with guns and ammo. , crashing through sticker bushes, so you can what?
sit around the campfire and grunt out stories of the hunt? naah. Pass me the remote
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 07:22 pm
hmm....i'm not hungry, but lets go kill some bunnies. << NOT FUNNY
0 Replies