Debate room rules for newbies?

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:33 am
What are the rules concerning a newbie starting a new debate. I have been having interesting correspondence in the spirituality forum and felt that the topic concerning evolution vs. creation deserved a spot here. I tried to start one but was not allowed. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 604 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:42 am
Somehow I wonder that it wasn't allowed. Did you give a link to a website as you posted the question? That is not allowed.

Rules of debate are at the top of each forum..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:49 am
Re: Debate room rules for newbies?
Jackofalltrades wrote:
What are the rules concerning a newbie starting a new debate. I have been having interesting correspondence in the spirituality forum and felt that the topic concerning evolution vs. creation deserved a spot here. I tried to start one but was not allowed. Rolling Eyes

That doesn't seem right. Have you been informed of some problem with your thread? There hasn't been any difficulty at all with newbie threads that I'm aware of. They happen all the time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:58 am
Re: Debate room rules for newbies?
Jackofalltrades wrote:
I tried to start one but was not allowed. Rolling Eyes

You were "not allowed" by whom?

Usually, no-one askd here for permission to start a new thread (actually, I've neverheard of such, and I'm here since the earliest days of this site like the other posters above).

Osso referred correctly to what must (should) be looked at when starting a new thread.

Hmm: your question doesn't sound like your new topic was dleted after you started it but you that you never could start it.
Sounds very confusing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 06:10 am
If Jackofalltrades is referring to the actual Debate Room, that has special rules and is not a place where people may just post threads, as they may on the rest of the forum. It is far more structured.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21513

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28415

Please click on these, Jackofalltrades, so that you understand the structure of the Debate Room.

You may, of course, open a debate in any other area of the site (by clicking on the "new topic" button at the top left of each thread, or each forum index.

Hope that helps - and welcome, Jackofalltrades!
0 Replies