I Hate it When...

SCoates

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:16 pm
Okay, who wants to review some posts?

I just dropped by the thread posted below to correct what I thought was a poorly worded statement. Could you guys drop by and tell me if I'm being a jerk, or are we both misinterpreting each other?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45883&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:23 pm
i hate it when i am in the shower and don't realize until the end of my shower that there are no clean towels left
i hate when someone gets an obvious haircut and people keep asking: "did u cut your hair??"
i hate when i come home dying of thrist and go to get a glass of water, and there are no clean dishes
i hate when i get a bowl, fill it with cereal, and then go to the fridge just to discover that the milk is gone.
i hate when people put empty milk jugs back in the fridge.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:29 pm
Let me read this thread...

(3 mins later)

(Scoates, are you and Dookie constitutional lawyers or something?)

I get the point btwn you two though. jurisdiction, according to my understanding is the state or place which a particular government/ruler/political sovereign - call it what you want - has power over and they have the power therefore to rule and legislate.

(let me get back to the thread)

Now Dookie said:

"The issue was "jurisdiction," I guess. But since the gay marriages that took place in our great city of SF were ALL between consenting ADULTS, how is it possible for you to interpret that I also meant children? "

and that was correct also. Reading what went on, it seems that Dookie, went on the assumption that so long as there were consenting adults in this marraige - AND THEN ONLY will the government have NO right to govern who marries who when and how.

summary? The gov has no power govern UNLESS there are full age consenting sound minded adults AND with the exception of unacceptable marraiges eg: children or incestuous marraiges.

Therefore - both of you were correct. In a way, you both supplemented each other, without knowing it.

How is that?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:29 pm
SCoates wrote:

I just dropped by the thread posted below to correct what I thought was a poorly worded statement. Could you guys drop by and tell me if I'm being a jerk, or are we both misinterpreting each other?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45883&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

(3 mins later)

I get the point btwn you two though. jurisdiction, according to my understanding is the state or place which a particular government/ruler/political sovereign - call it what you want - has power over and they have the power therefore to rule and legislate.

Now Dookie said:

"The issue was "jurisdiction," I guess. But since the gay marriages that took place in our great city of SF were ALL between consenting ADULTS, how is it possible for you to interpret that I also meant children? "

and that was correct also. Reading what went on, it seems that Dookie, went on the assumption that so long as there were consenting adults in this marraige - AND THEN ONLY will the government have NO right to govern who marries who when and how.

summary? The gov has no power govern UNLESS there are full age consenting sound minded adults AND with the exception of unacceptable marraiges eg: children or incestuous marraiges.

Therefore - both of you were correct. In a way, you both supplemented each other, without knowing it.

How is that?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:30 pm
I hate it when people dont turn up in time for their meetings....
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:30 pm
RiNgPoPs_N_gLoWsTiCkS wrote:
i hate it when i am in the shower and don't realize until the end of my shower that there are no clean towels left
i hate when someone gets an obvious haircut and people keep asking: "did u cut your hair??"
i hate when i come home dying of thrist and go to get a glass of water, and there are no clean dishes
i hate when i get a bowl, fill it with cereal, and then go to the fridge just to discover that the milk is gone.
i hate when people put empty milk jugs back in the fridge.

what a life. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:31 pm
the prince wrote:

How right you are! And hey, nice to see you are back! Have seen plenty of your humourous posts but never got to meet the celebrity himself (refer to your post The prince does NY) until today. Razz
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:34 pm
yea but if there was a post titled 'i love it when' i would have a lot to say there to
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:36 pm
pragmatic wrote:
SCoates wrote:

(3 mins later)

Now Dookie said:

How is that?

But my point wasn't that he was wrong. it was that he had mistated his opinion initially. He meant that the government should have limited power, but he actually stressed that they should have NO power, which he later went back on, which I had initially suspected was an error of his liberal statement. Uh-oh, that was confusing. Anyway, the reason I came here is that I hate when people jump to conclusions. Smile
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
RiNgPoPs_N_gLoWsTiCkS wrote:
what a life. Evil or Very Mad

yea but if there was a post titled 'i love it when' i would have a lot to say there to[/quote]

I will work on that - or you can start one too!! We could be VERYYY contradictory... Razz Razz

*who wants to go first??*
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:38 pm
pragmatic wrote:
the prince wrote:

How right you are! And hey, nice to see you are back! Have seen plenty of your humourous posts but never got to meet the celebrity himself (refer to your post The prince does NY) until today. Razz

Smile Thanks !! As several of the lovely ladies here, and lots of men arnd the world will verify - I am a difficult catch Twisted Evil

Good to meet you too !
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:38 pm
the prince wrote:

Ever see Glengarry Glen Ross? Pull a Baldwin on their tardy asses.
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:39 pm
i am seriously BrAnD sPaNkIn NeW at this, so maybe u could start it...?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:44 pm
You speak for me as well ringpops.

Come on...
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:47 pm
well alright i will do it!!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:49 pm
Good for you! yeahhhh...Ringpops!!
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:57 pm
i did it
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
SCoates wrote:
pragmatic wrote:
SCoates wrote:
Anyway, the reason I came here is that I hate when people jump to conclusions. Smile

Good for you SCoates! and btw I will be following the debate btwn you and dookie in the gay marraiges topic. just generally and simply - what is your view point on this issue? I just support the right for people to be gay and enter gay marraiges.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:18 pm
Oh, I'm in the minority on the subject... well, at least the relative minority on this site. I am against it for religious reasons, which I intend to force upon no one. So it's usually best for me to not state my opinion.

I view homosexuality as something that is not the individuals fault, but they would be happier if they overcame. Of course, saying that can make people mad, and I don't want to make homosexuals mad.

Dookie just got me really angry, because I only came by to poke at his statement, mostly as just a joke, but then he proved to be somewhat irrational about it, and inferred quite a bit... and then accused me of dragging on the discussion to a point of disgust... well, I better stop I don't want to get riled up again.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:22 pm
Want to put your life's little frustrations on this site...maybe under a different name?

BTW: your views are good too. I am a Roman Catholic and you know how they view this topic and in what light.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Hate it When...
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:55:52