we need to address this right now.

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:21 am
Is able2know a bully town? do the athiests give the christians a breathing space?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,710 • Replies: 24

View best answer, chosen by steven bill
engineer

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
@steven bill,
When I first started here (and online on the Internet in general), I read advice from one of the old hands who said something on the line of "this is the Internet and you are going to get flamed." That is excellent advice. If you think you can go onto a forum of anonymous strangers and not find someone who is going to flame your opinion, you will be disappointed. Even if 95% of the people are as nice as can be, that 5% will drive you nuts if you have the wrong expectations. If there is someone who you find no value in talking to, use the Ignore button, otherwise expect that some debate will descend to the level of five year olds (if five year olds used vulgar language and poor grammar.)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:03 pm
@steven bill,
There are plenty of Christians who are treated with respect here.

You get what you give (for the most part).

Post with respect and common sense, behave responsibly and the site will be a reasonably good experience for you.

I find that there is always a group of Christian posters that doesn't realize that other Christians (let alone other people) are not at all interested in being lectured. Coming here to explain why their take on life and Christianity is the one for everyone to listen to is just not going to go over well.

Get to know the players/posters before diving into the deep end. Play word games. Read before posting in general threads.

Realize that as in real life, politics and religion is going to get hit hard. Don't expect to be treated gently when you post about controversial matters - i.e. politics and religion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:34 pm
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:

Is able2know a bully town? do the athiests give the christians a breathing space?

Breathing space to do what?

To say things that make no sense?
To not answer a direct question and then complain you did?
Breathing space to say misogynistic things without being called on them?

Then yes, a2k is a bully town if you expect to have breathing space to do the above, without it being called out.
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:42 pm
@chai2,
So I guess you're not being a bully by telling half the population how they must dress, and what the other half of the population thinks of that. (Which 1/2 don't think in any event)

You're not being a bully telling women they are responsible for bad things that happen to them, because the people doing the bad things to them can't control themselves?

You steve, are the bully, as well as a coward.

You say hateful, untrue things, then hide behind your half baked beliefs, being surprised when the people you insult stand up for themselves.

Yeah, we need to address this right now Steverino. Why are you such a bully and coward?
Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:45 pm
@steven bill,
What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?

You insult me, and I'm the problem?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:47 pm
@steven bill,
ok then

don't act surprised if things don't go well

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-fans-react-ftr.jpg?w=400
0 Replies

tsarstepan

@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Yeah, we need to address this right now Steverino.

Hey! Please leave me out of this.... My bad. Nevermind.

I'll just drop this nugget of sheer unadulterated hypocrisy here:
https://i.imgur.com/nmjh6Ng.jpg
#staychristianclassy!
0 Replies

steven bill

@engineer,
good advice,thank you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:51 pm
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:

No. This is Bully Town.
https://i.imgur.com/xMiQvM6.jpg
Bully Town

chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
And this is Lunch Lady Land

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l378u0meMkwehlN2o/giphy.gif
hoagies and grinders, hoagies and grinders, navy beans navy beans navy beans navy beans....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:01 pm
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:
do the athiests give the christians a breathing space?
Of course. And plenty of rope to hang themselves with as well Smile
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:17 pm
@steven bill,
There are many members on this site that thrive on giving and getting negative strokes. If you're not one of them, then ignore reading or replying to those type of posts. Just don't get caught up in that habit.

Your membership and all memberships on this site are of great value no matter your philosophy. Participating membership has been spare lately, and the life of this site depends on new as well as old members. All diversity of opinion is of great value.

A great Buddhist saying: "the difference is the identity". A2k members would do well to heed this philosophy.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:21 pm
@steven bill,
It's whatever you make it and whatever you believe it to be.

Remember, an acorn is only an oak if it's seed is nurtured and gets to grow.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:23 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Your membership and all memberships on this site are of great value no matter your philosophy.

I don't know about that. That Chaitea character? #SMH!! She's the Groupon coupon of a2k members!
coluber2001

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 03:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't know that member you cited, but there are a number of extremists on the site whose opinions are of questionable value. When I hear oralloy, for instance, talking about shooting rock-throwing Palestinian dissenters in the head, I think maybe a2k helps leak off some of his anger and, perhaps, keeps him from actually shooting somebody in the. head.
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 04:46 pm
@coluber2001,
He meant me Laughing
coluber2001

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:08 pm
@chai2,
I don't think you're an extremist, outspoken, but not extreme. And I don't think you thrive on negative strokes.
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:11 pm
@coluber2001,
I'm sure he was joking.
0 Replies