Separating a page I manage from my personal fb

NLSO

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:38 am
I think this is very common as you used to have to set up as a person and then have managed pages but now every business/activity/enterprise seems to have their own page. I would like a page I manage about our village to be turned into its own fb account and not lose the history on that page. If I try and set it up from scratch will it tell me a page (the email address etc already exists) How could I copy across post etc? Or could I effectively change my personal profile into the info of the page and delete all the personal stuff and leave the page. I do hope that makes sense to someone? Please help. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:45 am
@NLSO,
Wait, is this your personal account (say, John Smith) but you're somehow managing village business with it? You may need to change the name of the account and convert it to a page. Then you would need a new separate account for yourself. As in, re-friend people, etc.
NLSO

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:56 am
@jespah,
Yes, exactly. That's how it was set up for me. I think that is how they still do it but I want it completely separate somehow without losing the history on the page. I'd rather remove myself but I'm not sure even that will achieve what I am after.
0 Replies